Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: This is unbelievable!

Surprising they didn't sue manufacturer of the phone he was talking on.

...or his family that he probably inherited the legally established disease of alcoholism.

....or the maker of that glass pipe Josh was smoking, while he was on the phone and driving drunk.

Dean Hancock needs to get a job.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

..and you wonder why you pay the insurance premiums you do. Even if any of the entities sued aren't liable, there is still going to be legal expenses to either remove or exonerate them

I agree with all of the posts made so far. My initial feeling when I saw this story was disgust and outrage that anybody would blame others for the death of a drunk driver.

The jockey Eddie Schumaker did the same thing. He rolled his SUV while drunk as hell and then successfully sued the bar, the car maker and a few others I can't recall. It's one thing to come up with these asinine law suits, it's another for 12 idiots on the jury to agree that a drunk driver was the victim.

I feel especially bad for the driver of the broken down car. On top of paying to fix whatever happened to his car, now he has to go out and get a lawyer. This kind of stuff makes me wonder how it's possible for any business to survive.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

As a manager who works in a Restaurant/Bar, I can say that the only possible responsible party here besides Josh Hancock himself for getting behind the wheel of a vehicle when intoxicated would be if the bartender serving him did not cut him off before he became too drunk to function. As sad as this is in today's society where everyone wants to sue somebody and blame everything on everyone else; there have been a number of successful lawsuits and fines levied against not only the individual responsible for overserving but the establishment as well. I can understand the families grief but for god sake, nobody forced this young man to drink and to try to hold everyone else responsible for his actions is completely irresponsible.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I am a Bartender and I have to cut people off all the time.They get mad most of the time.My feeling is that if you are getting wild and loud you get cut off because off other customers in the bar.I tell them to go drink somewhere else but not here.Geoff