Check out these Jeter and A-Rod bats

November 7 2005 at 12:12 AM AJ (Login Astrobats)

Currently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derek-Jeter-N-Y-Yankees-game-used-bat_W0QQitemZ8719780199QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-NY-Yankees-Game-Used-Bat_W0QQitemZ8719777509QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Is this guy serious? These are straight from the Wal-Mart shelf!

-AJ

AuthorReply

Mike
(Login mpalony)
Re: Check out these Jeter and A-Rod bats

November 7 2005, 12:26 AM
Wow! That is pretty bad. Can't people get in trouble for this kind of stuff?

P. Brogle
(Login pjbmd)

November 7 2005, 9:02 AM
These are bats.
They do show game use.
Who provided the game use is the question.
It's likely that this seller or his kids provided the use.
By deliberately provided a generic description this seller hopes to lure some sucker into the trap.
Just my thoughts

Reid
(Login sportscentury)

November 7 2005, 9:24 AM
AJ,

These are brutal, for certain. I actually worry less about this kind of auction, though, than one where the bat looks perfect and is bad. The other recent thread about the Jeter bat (with the colored in 125 line) is more concerning as that one will fool a lot of people, I bet, and the guy will make out like a bandit (or some other type of criminal as the case may be). I don't think these are going to fool even most novice collectors - no bids on either at 99 cents to start it off. I would estimate less than $100 as a final bid for each of these. Will be interesting to see, but that is my bet.

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.

AJ
(Login Astrobats)

November 7 2005, 2:56 PM
Reid-

I totally agree with you. I think that the other Jeter bat that we were discussing is more of a threat and more decieving. I just thought that it was rediculous what this guy was trying to pass them off as. Thanks!

-AJ

Tim Byington
(Login bat_master)

November 7 2005, 5:12 PM
I emailed the seller and the seller responded that the bats were purchased at Orioles fanfest and the dealer told them they were game used. I suggested he end the auctions and cancel any bids. I also informed him that Flame Tempered bats are normally store model bats not meant for professional player use.

Tim Byington

Reid
(Login sportscentury)

November 8 2005, 8:24 AM
AJ,

I agree ... pretty ridiculous. You have to give this guy the benefit of the doubt as he may be really uninformed. The fellow with the Jeter bat and the story about how it came flying into the stands is simply a FRAUD.

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.