Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Game Used Leon Lett Helmet - Ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    after taking a closer look i'm pretty certain that the original seller was ebayer ptkm06 who often offers great looking helmets for sale on ebay - he even has some nice ones for sale right now on ebay. if i'm correct and the seller was in fact ptkm06, then he probably listed the cowboys helmet in the same manner he lists all of his other helmets - simply as a x-team helmet for sale.

most of his lids go for a steal, under $100, and almost all of them could easily pass for authentic game-used. here's a bolts' helmet that he recently sold on ebay for under $90 inclusive of s&h.

btw, i just received an email back from the guy who was listing the "lett" helmet - after looking at the photos i emailed him he concluded that it was in fact the same "mccormack" that sold on ebay for $60 and said he was going to confront the guy that sold it to him. he also also removed the listing...
    Isn't the standard white off the shelf Proline warning sticker on the above Charger helmet a giveaway?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Isn't the standard white off the shelf Proline warning sticker on the above Charger helmet a giveaway?
    Giveaway for what? He's not selling it as game used or issued, just a display piece.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    no, not at all. the transparent decals with matching color scheme were not always the norm; prior to these decals the basic white warning decals were the standard and came in different sizes depending on the year. the reason you won't see too many of these decals in older photos (circa mid 80s) is because most equipment managers chose to remove them - but some didn't. whether or not the bolts' equipment manager at the time removed the white decals from every bolts' riddell helmet is anyone's guess - i guess an exhaustive photo search might provide some answers...

here are a couple of mid 80s photos showing the white warning label:

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    where in ptkm06 's feedback do you see that helmet for sale? Can't find it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160104705590

No, I'm trying to track down the listing for the helmet that became the Lett helmet. Any ideas?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    no, not at all. the transparent decals with matching color scheme were not always the norm; prior to these decals the basic white warning decals were the standard and came in different sizes depending on the year. the reason you won't see too many of these decals in older photos (circa mid 80s) is because most equipment managers chose to remove them - but some didn't. whether or not the bolts' equipment manager at the time removed the white decals from every bolts' riddell helmet is anyone's guess - i guess an exhaustive photo search might provide some answers...

here are a couple of mid 80s photos showing the white warning label:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160104705590
    Well, you just corrected another misimpression I've held for awhile, as I never noticed the white stickers before on anything other than off-the-shelf retail helmets.

As for the copy above, I personally would never buy even a knockoff that had the bolt over the warning sticker like that one. Too easy to just remove the ugly thing.