Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
1. I sent a mid -70's Twins jersey gamer of Harmon Killebrew to a show to have him sign it "game used". I got an email after the signing saying that Harmon didn't want to sign it because he wanted it back. The agent gave Harmon my number and sent my jersey back unsigned. He said Harmon would call me within the next 2 weeks and wanted to work out a deal. I waited and waited, but he never called. I didn't care if we worked out a deal or not, it would have been cool to talk to the Killer.
2. Chris Smith who has many of his game used items in the Reds Museum had Cesar Geronimo sign his game used 1976 Bicentennial bat at a show. Bat has real nice use and Cesar told him that he remembered that bat. When Chris asked him how? Cesar replied by the big Red bat rack steak that ran down the barrel of the bat. Chris didn't tell me if Cesar wanted the bat back, but I thought it was cool that he remembered the bat from 20-30 years ago. I have that bat now.
3. Pete Rose came to my dad's sports museum opening in Medford, Oregon in 1985. We hung out with him a lot. It was during my Junior year of high school basketball and we had a game that night. My dad was telling Pete how I was the best player in the state and Pete said I'll be there tonight to watch ya. He never showed. He said the next day that it would have caused too much of a ruckus if he showed up. Anyway, it would have been cool to tell people that Pete Rose came to see me play a game in high school.
Greg
Greg-

I visited this museum back in 1987. It was a converted bank, correct? I also believe there is a very sad ending to this, correct?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net