Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How much to pay for Manny Ramirez HR bat???

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I agree. If he goes through bats at a pace at all close to the pace he goes through jerseys, the price is way too high... and he has hit far too many home runs in his career to make these bats that special. I would suggest that there should be a premium for having a HR bat, but that premium should not take the bat to a price that is double or triple the going rate. And ditto for the jerseys out there. The market saturation is one of the many reasons I stay away from the current stars. These items clearly do not reflect the principles of supply & demand by any means.

Thanks i will keep your very good points in mind.As for the price i was offered i must keep that between me and the individual.
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

That would be a awesome bat if it was photo matched to the hr swing. I've seen people spend $1,500 on a lot items I would consider less valuable than this. Has there ever been a photo matched Manny hr signed bat on the market. I would think a bat like that in a big auction house, it would be ball park what it would sell for.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I agree. If he goes through bats at a pace at all close to the pace he goes through jerseys, the price is way too high... and he has hit far too many home runs in his career to make these bats that special. I would suggest that there should be a premium for having a HR bat, but that premium should not take the bat to a price that is double or triple the going rate. And ditto for the jerseys out there. The market saturation is one of the many reasons I stay away from the current stars. These items clearly do not reflect the principles of supply & demand by any means.
    And to make one more point.Manny may use a jersey PER GAME but that is definitely not the case with his bats!
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    That would be a awesome bat if it was photo matched to the hr swing. I've seen people spend $1,500 on a lot items I would consider less valuable than this. Has there ever been a photo matched Manny hr signed bat on the market. I would think a bat like that in a big auction house, it would be ball park what it would sell for.
    Short answer....NO i have never seen a Manny HR bat
    jon

I think the question of "what is it worth" is best answered "It's up to you." You are a collector with no intention of moving the bat in the foreseeable future. Manny may or may not be your favorite player, and if you feel this is a very special bat that you may never get another opportunity to own one like it, you are in unchartered territory and no one can estimate the price. If the bat is truly special and would be one of your most treasured pieces, you just need to figure out how much you can afford to pay for it without feeling guilty about spending too much on it.