Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where Do You Draw The Line In What You Will Collect (underwear)?

Where do you draw the line in what you will collect and add to your collection? I've seen many odd things that people sell. As we all recall, the Mark McGwire signed Jock Strap. For me, that's nasty! Oddball, hard to find items are nice, but I draw the line with underwear and things like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Where Do You Draw The Line In What You Will Collect (underwear)?

3arod13,you're right to draw the line at things like this. Apparently Arod doesn't and his LOA is sad commentary all by itself. If a newspaper article got hold of the LOA and with what's going on in Arods life now you would see how fast he would separate himself from ELITE:"AROD SHILLING UNDERWEAR" would be the headline in the NY Post. As a casual fan how do you display it wihout embarassment? As a collector how do you explain why you bought a personal item signed at the crouch area? If you're a female fan I guess you can consider it otherwise it has overtones of homosexuality. I guess the barometer for what we,collectors should strive to obtain is,would the HOF display such an item? If the answer is yes then go ahead.

If I can't display it in good taste (of course, what's tasteful to one person may disgust the next) I have no interest in it. I remember a long time ago seeing a Corey Dillon jock strap that was supposedly gathered from the Huskies locker room when he was in college. My thought at the time and still is "Who in their right mind would want that?"

someone needs to get Kyle on this thread with his "game used" shower shoe. . .
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

If we ask Kyle he'll charge us for his opinion:
    See past thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8869

Quote Originally Posted by beavisrules View Post
    someone needs to get Kyle on this thread with his "game used" shower shoe. . .
    I remember Kyle posting about the shower shoes. Game used? Now that's funny.

Would be interested in hearing from Kyle what was it specifically that caught his interest in those shower shoes.

Banned

Kyle is the King of oddball Game Used items.....

We should hear from our KING OOGUI (Pronounced - OOO - GOO - E)

King speak to us your followers need you lol lol

I myself have picked up an oddball game used item in tribute to Kyle.
    It was a Carlos Beltran 2006 All Star Game - Game Used Belt.

Swoboda - I didn't charge for an opinion. staindsox gave me the idea to start charging to photomatches since they seem pretty easy to come by for me and I had found a couple photomatches for the Shane Spencer jersey that dcrules had so I had told him about my "photomatch service".

3arod13 - I remember seeing a pair of Johnny Damon shower shoes about a year ago on eBay sell for like $120 so I thought that getting something as hard to find as shower sandles, and for the price of $12, it seemed pretty good to me. It's actually pretty neat:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Swoboda - I didn't charge for an opinion. staindsox gave me the idea to start charging to photomatches since they seem pretty easy to come by for me and I had found a couple photomatches for the Shane Spencer jersey that dcrules had so I had told him about my "photomatch service".

3arod13 - I remember seeing a pair of Johnny Damon shower shoes about a year ago on eBay sell for like $120 so I thought that getting something as hard to find as shower sandles, and for the price of $12, it seemed pretty good to me. It's actually pretty neat:
    Kyle, those are actually cool looking and not tacky. However, my only concern is, "game used?" What kind of games are they playing in the showers (lol).

Pretty cool item. Tony

Kyle,I picked on you enough so I'll calm down a bit. Everyone on the Forum brings different things to the table in helping each other. I clicked on your game used site and was extremely impressed with your photomatching. But let me ask you a question. If a thread came up questioning an item and the answer could easily be answered through photomatching,would you reply to the thread quickly,displaying the photo that solves the problem or would you say that you have the answer if anyone is interested? Because if everyone was compelled to provide a service/charge for their particular expertise,our motto would have to change from "Share the Knowledge" to "Pay for Knowldege". And then Kingjammy24 could retire within 6 months. But if that's what you want to do professionally,which is a different story,I respect that.