Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: I will NEVER buy from American Memorabilia after seeing this...

Quote Originally Posted by kneerat View Post
    As some of you know, I am a big Packers memorabilia buyer and seller.
    Did you recently consign a large group of Packers jerseys that were sold by a company through one of eBay's "live" auctions? There were some really nice Packers jerseys!

No... I knew the person who consigned them though. He is from the Green Bay area. I bought some of the nameplates he had and some other pieces from that same collection.
    Probably one of the best Packers game-used finds of my lifetime.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

didn't the banning of eric, rob, and chris teach any of you anything? will victor be forced to ban every single one of you ingrates before you finally learn your place? if you guys still want to have the privilige of giving your business to AMI, you all ought to pipe down if you know whats good for you.

re: ami's catalog.
    i guess i'm the only one who found it funny in that sort of "my 4 yr old made me a breakfast of cereal with ketchup" kind of way. sure it was amateurish but not everyone can be a marketing pro or have good taste.

granted, when i first saw the lolich jersey in some sort of pseudo-calvin klein ad, i didn't find it so comical. it was a little sad to see such a piece being treated like nothing more than a wet tshirt in a hooters ad. i was confused about the intent of the ad. was i supposed to get whipped into a lusty frenzy and bid even more than i normally would? was victor trying to tap into the masses of game-used collectors who enjoy pictures of sweaty, young, shirtless men? in the future, can we look forward to an amazing gehrig game-used bat literally being straddled by some buxom young woman? honestly, i'm not being facetious in the least here. it's one of the most bizarre, misguided pieces of advertising i've ever seen.

a collector putting on a jersey for a few minutes, as we've all done, isn't close to the same thing. i wonder if the consigners consented to having their pieces treated and displayed in such a way. maybe i mollycoddle my pieces but i prefer them not to be subjected to any unnecessary manhandling. key word being unnecessary. if you dont need to subject a piece to sunlight, oils and dirt from peoples hands, further the loosening of the buttons, etc why would you? the lolich isn't exactly a common or new jersey so why subject it to any more stress than necessary? just to produce some ridiculous, ineffective and somewhat offensive ad?

"I’d be interested to know why Kieta needs to be featured in these catalogs in belly shirts and including past cover shots of her from 1980’s playboy covers? I understand she was a model in the 1980’s, but this is 2007."

howard, i don't know the answer to your question but at least we now know what happened to baby jane.

my sincere sympathies go out to dave o'brien who apparently is faced with the unenviable task of editing phrases like "i like to be swooned". reminds me of http://www.engrish.com/recent.php .

i see the 100% team or tracking system or whatever it is added ron fukushima. along with his team contacts and extensive knowledge, ron also brings some great expertise in shill bidding.

rudy.

Hi Rudy...

How do you know that Ron Fukushima has been shill bidding?...

Here is his apology from the old game used forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/37997...ge/1120867150/
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Question for Dave O'Brien

Have you voiced your displeasure about Fukushima with your comrades at AMI?

Here's what you wrote about him on the old site

This is total crap...

July 4 2005 at 12:54 PM Dave (Login CollectGU)

Response to Ron
    TRUST NO ONE....that's basically what this hobby has boiled down to. There are no good guys. Ron was supposed to be one, but if Ron was shill bidding, then he is STEALING people's money, and is CORRUPT.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/37997...+is+total+crap...

wow...I never heard that

I wonder if AMI will hire Rick Kohl next...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Question for Dave O'Brien

Have you voiced your displeasure about Fukushima with your comrades at AMI?

Here's what you wrote about him on the old site

This is total crap...

July 4 2005 at 12:54 PM Dave (Login CollectGU)

Response to Ron
    TRUST NO ONE....that's basically what this hobby has boiled down to. There are no good guys. Ron was supposed to be one, but if Ron was shill bidding, then he is STEALING people's money, and is CORRUPT.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/37997...+total+crap...
    Eric,

Yes I have.

Regards,
    Dave

Eric,

I also believe that people should be given second chances. I know there are forum members who have done business with Ron and have been happy with the product and the service. I've never personally done business with him but have heard good things from others who have.

Regards,

Dave

I do agree that people should be given second chances. I give him credit for coming on the forum an writing the apology and hopefully he learned a lesson and moved on since then.I am not familiar with the aftermath of the Fukushima controversy.

Were the consumers affected by the shill bidding refunded their money?