Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Be careful: Bo Jackson bat on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    Tony, you're implying that you know for sure that this bat was not used. How is that different from your argument against those who claim beyond doubt that something was used? What if the bat was used when he got it? We've all the seen the same pictures. Seems to me that, unless there's something about Anaconda bats that differ from the real ones, it would be better to look at more pics before rendering an opinion. Maybe a Jackson or bat expert could chime in here with some better info. People describe their ebay auctions poorly every single day. As a buyer, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking advantage of this. There's plenty of bad stuff out there, but some of us appear too eager to damn the hobby and want to be the first to call something fake without taking the time to do a little research.
    First, I didn't start this thread, so I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

This isn't a case of taking advantage of someone's lack of knowledge or error. There is NO WAY the current seller has any information and/or facts to state this bat is BO JACKSON GAME USED. This isn't difficult to understand. Just because the bat might look somewhat used, and the original seller didn't state anything about game used, doesn't give the new order of the bat the right to sell the bat as GAME USED. Is this really that difficult to understand??

I never implied that I know for sure that this bat was not used. NEVER SAID THAT. I simply stated the current seller DOESN'T KNOW THAT!

I'm not going to waste much more time on this.

Sorry, meant "doesn't give the new owner of the bat the right to sell the bat as GAME USED."

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I'm not going to waste much more time on this.
    Ditto
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Sorry, meant "doesn't give the new owner of the bat the right to sell the bat as GAME USED."
    So that means that I can't purchase a bat, have it authenticated, and re-sell it as game used? What is it that is so wrong about them reselling it as game used if they correctly evaluated the use and/or any other characteristics present?

If the new seller has evaluated the use characteristics and dimensions of the bat and feels that it is game used why can't they re-sell it as such? He basically just self-authenticated the bat which is something we all do with each item we buy. Whether it is Kyle looking for a photo match, Howard Wolf checking photos of Phillies jerseys, or myself checking ordering records for players...we all self-authenticate to some degree. It is an absolutely normal process that we would all be foolish if we didn't do.

Don't we all preach "DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK" anyway? I believe the buyer (current seller) bought the bat, did their homework and is reselling it. No harm in that, case closed.

As was stated though, if the bat is an A-K model this is an entirely different thread.

And for the wasting time message that precedes mine...ditto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

I guess I can understand coming to the defense of a GUU member.

I'm not interested in entering a "hornets nest" thread on the game used forum, so this will be my only post regarding this issue. I've seen the direction these often take, and little positive often comes out of it.

First off I bought the bat, not the piece of paper that came with it (many LOA's aren't worth the paper they are printed on). Second, although the item was poorly listed last time around, the LOA DOES in fact make mention that it's a game used bat. Third, the bat is game used displaying Bo's use characteristics exactly as described in the listing. I haven't altered the bat in any manner, and never would do something unethical such as that. Also, I've handled many Bo game used items and I only buy stuff I believe in myself, and I do have experience. As with everything I sell, I stand behind the item 100% and offer an unconditional money back guarantee.

Well this thread kind of turned a corner.

First off, my intention was never to badmouth a guy trying to flip an item on ebay.

Now back to this bat. This LOA DOES NOT mention the bat is a gamer. Handwriting on a typed LOA doesn't count. That is the equivalent of me writing "game used" on all my PSA LOA's. Here is a pic for all to make their own decisions.

Second, the bat is sketchy at best. I too have handled a fair number of Bo gamers. There appears to be way too much pine tar as compared to the amount of other use shown. That can be a sign of a doctored signed bat.

I would like to know what, if anything is written on the knob. But since the seller wouldn't respond to my inquiry I guess I won't know.

I know the bat was not doctored by current seller. What I am saying is given the LOA, the inconsistent use characteristics, and the fact that Anaconda Kaye sold that same model, I wouldn't touch it. In my OPINION it was doctored before the current seller bought it. And I think it is a stretch for the seller guarantee it as game used.

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Bryan,

Please let me know if you come across any Bo Jackson gamers that you're looking to sell.

Thanks,
    Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

For what it's worth, I stay away from Bo's B310 models unless John Taube has signed off on it.

Well its definitely the same bat. You can tell by the dark line to the left of the S in Slugger.

Its a judgement call. I agree that it was not "poorly listed". the original seller was not selling it as gameused. So, if it is the position of the new owner that it is game used, maybe it should be represented as his opinion in the auction and not a fact.