Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byergo
    • Feb 2006

Re: Be careful: Bo Jackson bat on ebay

I'm not interested in entering a "hornets nest" thread on the game used forum, so this will be my only post regarding this issue. I've seen the direction these often take, and little positive often comes out of it.

First off I bought the bat, not the piece of paper that came with it (many LOA's aren't worth the paper they are printed on). Second, although the item was poorly listed last time around, the LOA DOES in fact make mention that it's a game used bat. Third, the bat is game used displaying Bo's use characteristics exactly as described in the listing. I haven't altered the bat in any manner, and never would do something unethical such as that. Also, I've handled many Bo game used items and I only buy stuff I believe in myself, and I do have experience. As with everything I sell, I stand behind the item 100% and offer an unconditional money back guarantee.

Comment

• sylbry
      • Nov 2005

Well this thread kind of turned a corner.

First off, my intention was never to badmouth a guy trying to flip an item on ebay.

Now back to this bat. This LOA DOES NOT mention the bat is a gamer. Handwriting on a typed LOA doesn't count. That is the equivalent of me writing "game used" on all my PSA LOA's. Here is a pic for all to make their own decisions.

Second, the bat is sketchy at best. I too have handled a fair number of Bo gamers. There appears to be way too much pine tar as compared to the amount of other use shown. That can be a sign of a doctored signed bat.

I would like to know what, if anything is written on the knob. But since the seller wouldn't respond to my inquiry I guess I won't know.

I know the bat was not doctored by current seller. What I am saying is given the LOA, the inconsistent use characteristics, and the fact that Anaconda Kaye sold that same model, I wouldn't touch it. In my OPINION it was doctored before the current seller bought it. And I think it is a stretch for the seller guarantee it as game used.

Bryan
      Attached Files
      Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• 89ASMVPBats
        • Feb 2007

Bryan,

Please let me know if you come across any Bo Jackson gamers that you're looking to sell.

Thanks,
        Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

For what it's worth, I stay away from Bo's B310 models unless John Taube has signed off on it.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

Well its definitely the same bat. You can tell by the dark line to the left of the S in Slugger.

Comment

• B1SON
            • May 2007

Its a judgement call. I agree that it was not "poorly listed". the original seller was not selling it as gameused. So, if it is the position of the new owner that it is game used, maybe it should be represented as his opinion in the auction and not a fact.
            Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
            sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• cohibasmoker
              Banned
              • Aug 2005

Speaking of Bo Jackson, wasn't he one of the player's jerseys that Scoreboard sold in 1989? If so. would anyone have a copy of what an actual Scoreboard signed jersey looked like with tags?

Thanx

Comment

Working...