Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

What is this shirt?

A guy I know bought this jersey at the national last year. The dealer who sold it to him was a guy named Stone from St. Louis. I do not know this dealer, and have no reason to think him not reputable.

Stone told my friend that this was a game used Don Money jersey from 1981. The jersey looks great as far as the material, the lettering and numbering, the size, etc. There are some major issues, however:

While the "Designed and Tailored Exclusively for the Milwaukee Brewers" tage IS present and in the right place, the "Medalist Sand-Knit" tag that usually sits beside it is placed in the collar instead. Also in the collar is a size tag which reads "47" (normally a retail jersey would be labeled S, M, L, or XL).

Another issue: There should be a strip tag that reads year, name, and size. This is not present, nor do I detect remnants of one that has subsequently been removed.

While the obvious signs seem to indicate that this is not a gamer, I am left with the question "what the heck is is then?" Did MEDALIST make some extremely high-end replicas in the 80's that they intended for the retail market. If so, why would they include the exclusivity tagging?

Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated as I am certainly stupmed.

Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images