Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game usage?

Game usage?

Looks to me like this bat says BP on the knob...or am I seeing things?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dave-Parker-game...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Game usage?

look's like a big yellow "bp" to me!

That would explain why it is so hammered with use.

Batting Practice and even just rack marks are considered game used by most dealers . There is a 5 underneath the BP . Possibly the bat was game used then went to BP , that could explain all the use as well . It has a ton of pine tar and mota stick stuff .

If its good enough for MLB to sell BP jerseys as game used . Also coaches , utility players and or mgrs jerseys who sat in the dugout ?? also all the TBTC stuff that is only game worn and NOT used ? just my take ...

What may be good enough for MLB or a dealer is not necessarily good enough for me.

A BP bat should be advertised as just that.

Swing your bat in the on deck circle with a donut. Time the pitcher while taking that imaginary cut. Throw more pine tar on with the tar rag.

Walk to the plate with your war club. Stand in the batter's box, gripping that handle, hoping for a hit. Tap the dirt from your cleats, made sure the trademark faces the right way, take a hand off the bat as you make a religious gesture and kiss the medallion hanging around your neck. Grip the bat again. Stare the pitcher down and swing a few more practice swings. Wait for the ball........

That's game use to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    What may be good enough for MLB or a dealer is not necessarily good enough for me.

A BP bat should be advertised as just that.

Swing your bat in the on deck circle with a donut. Time the pitcher while taking that imaginary cut. Throw more pine tar on with the tar rag.

Walk to the plate with your war club. Stand in the batter's box, gripping that handle, hoping for a hit. Tap the dirt from your cleats, made sure the trademark faces the right way, take a hand off the bat as you make a religious gesture and kiss the medallion hanging around your neck. Grip the bat again. Stare the pitcher down and swing a few more practice swings. Wait for the ball........

That's game use to me!
    Great, vivid description , I could not agree with you more !

I was not agreeing with the current standards that are being used to describe game use ! just mentioning them .....

I've always wondered what the chance of a pitcher (which are known for their hitting skills) has ever used the same bat for 5 or 6 games and never made contact with the ball. That would be game used, in at the plate appearences, but was never scarred with any use. I have wondered about this many times. This would be a game used bat. I have seen a lot of pitchers who don't use any pine tar, so that would not be present. Besides rack marks it would look almost brand new. Has anyone ever come acroos this?

Todd

Pitchers take batting practice too. I don't think many pitchers have BP bat verses Game bats. I would expect to see some hit marks specifically BP type hit marks on a pitchers bat in my opinion.

I have "game used" bats of relief pitchers and go back to the year to see how many plate appearances they've had. Not many. However there are plenty of hit marks mostly BP dark ball marks on these bats.

David

I was contemplating placing a bid on the Eckersley bat that just ended on ebay. In my research, I found that in the 2 years that Eck could have used that bat, he had one at bat. While he may have had some unofficial at bats, I couldnt justify the price for a bat that probably was "batting practice used".

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    I've always wondered what the chance of a pitcher (which are known for their hitting skills) has ever used the same bat for 5 or 6 games and never made contact with the ball. That would be game used, in at the plate appearences, but was never scarred with any use. I have wondered about this many times. This would be a game used bat. I have seen a lot of pitchers who don't use any pine tar, so that would not be present. Besides rack marks it would look almost brand new. Has anyone ever come acroos this?

Todd
    I have a Jorge Sosa Devil Rays with tons of rack marks , but I can't find a ball mark on it . I think it is already in a photo on this forum ....Hi todd BTW