Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jason Giambi Steroids Issue - Am I missing something?

Didn't Jason Giambi a while back apologize and we all understood what he was apologizing for? Is it becasue now he said "using that stuff" that now it has a different meaning that what we knew he was apologizing for before?

I don't understand how he can be suspended for even saying "using that stuff." Everyone already knew about Giambi.

Am I the only person not getting this?

RyanZimmerman11

Re: Jason Giambi Steroids Issue - Am I missing something?

Here's what I feel is the cause for Selig wanting to (and eventually will) suspend Giambi.

Selig recently "asked" Giambi to cooperate with the steroid investigation....in other words, he asked Giambi to be his own personal rat/snitch.

It's my opinion that Giambi refused (my opinion because nothing else was said about this in the media). So now Selig wants to play games and prove how tough he is by suspending Giambi.

It's really a sad time for baseball and Selig is at the very center of all of this.

I can't wait until Bud Selig retires. And can only hope that the next commish. isn't as much of a knucklehead.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by RyanZimmerman11 View Post
    Here's what I feel is the cause for Selig wanting to (and eventually will) suspend Giambi.

Selig recently "asked" Giambi to cooperate with the steroid investigation....in other words, he asked Giambi to be his own personal rat/snitch.

It's my opinion that Giambi refused (my opinion because nothing else was said about this in the media). So now Selig wants to play games and prove how tough he is by suspending Giambi.

It's really a sad time for baseball and Selig is at the very center of all of this.

I can't wait until Bud Selig retires. And can only hope that the next commish. isn't as much of a knucklehead.

Jay
    Jay, understand and I agree. But I'm still confused on this issue. Giambi already apologized before for what we all know he was referring to. So to me, by him saying "used that stuff" now, isn't anything new.

Amazing how people (MLB) will stand by and watch others be punished for what they themselve knew was going on the entire time and were reaping the benefits (HR race). Truly sad!

Banned

ARod----I agree with you. I had thought Giambi had already apologized too...but I think that maybe the apology was in court and so it was supposed to be kept private and was leaked, I forgot how I had heard, but was under the impression that everyone knew that he was sorry. So I do think this whole thing is Selig's way of flexing his tiny and frail old man muscles. What a piece of work this dude is, worst comissioner in the game in my opinion!!!!

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    ARod----I agree with you. I had thought Giambi had already apologized too...but I think that maybe the apology was in court and so it was supposed to be kept private and was leaked, I forgot how I had heard, but was under the impression that everyone knew that he was sorry. So I do think this whole thing is Selig's way of flexing his tiny and frail old man muscles. What a piece of work this dude is, worst comissioner in the game in my opinion!!!!

Aaron
    Aaron, if I recall, Giambi actually held a press conference and apologized. It remember it being on ESPN. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know.

He did apologize but never said for what. Everyone assumed he was apologizing for steriods. Can't bust someone on an assumption. When he said "using that stuff" his apology now becomes an admission of guilt.

It is a small technicality with large legal implications.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    He did apologize but never said for what. Everyone assumed he was apologizing for steriods. Can't bust someone on an assumption. When he said "using that stuff" his apology now becomes an admission of guilt.

With that said, even now if he said "using that stuff", aren't we again assuming he's talking about steroids?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post

Sybry is a 100% correct.

Because him changing a matter of a couple of different words is in the fine line of implicating yourself.
    As stupid as it may seem but its true. Its a matter of being able to use his words in a court of law.

Think of it like this.
    If I announce on the board I apologize to everyone (and left it at that)
    What are you gonna hold me too? I never said exactly what I am apologizing for.

But now I come out apologizing for "using that stuff"
    Gives implication to me taking something I shouldn't have.

Meanwhile he could just be apologizing for using Tide instead of Bounty in his Laundry and he feels we notice that in his uniforms because they are not soft lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Sybry is a 100% correct.

Think of it like this.
    If I announce on the board I apologize to everyone (and left it at that)
    What are you gonna hold me too? I never said exactly what I am apologizing for.

But now I come out apologizing for "using that stuff"
    Gives implication to me taking something I shouldn't have.

Meanwhile he could just be apologizing for using Tide instead of Bounty in his Laundry and he feels we notice that in his uniforms because they are not soft lol lol
    Yes, but if you're apologizing to everyone, that still gives implication that you did something wrong.

And what stuff? Giambi can, and should come out and state he was referring to oreo cookies (lol)

Banned

ARod---You're right again in my mind. That phrase "stuff" leaves it pretty vague, in my opinion. One can assume what he really meant to say, but its still an assumption. Still, I can care less who used "that stuff"...everyone in baseball could roid and I dont care, I'm so sick of it all, the steroid mumbo jumbo!! It's soooo old already. It's still the greatest game, whether people juice or not.

Aaron