Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RyanZimmerman11

Ryan Zimmerman GU question

Need some expert help on this...and maybe a little education on the topic of game used while we're at it

I am confused....

What should I be looking for when trying to track down Zimmerman GU items?

I mean...which brands or styles of items does he use?

I've seen GU cleats both high top and low tops available for him.

I've seen 3-4 different kinds of GU bats for him.

and

this is the worst, I've seen atleast 6 differents kinds of batting gloves for him.

As I said, I am thoroughly confused. lol Does this mena that he has just used alot of diff. items in his short career already? Or does it mean that maybe there are people that just got him to take BP with a particular kind of bat and now they are selling it as GU?

I have been trying to find enough pics of him from the past few weeks to try and narrow down which style cleats he prefers, what brand bat and waht brand of batting gloves....

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay

Re: Ryan Zimmerman GU question

Just keep doing what you are doing, do as much research on these things as you can. If you can find a reputable source who is selling items such as cleats at least you can get a size that should be consistent with all other items you find. Your check on Getty Images probally was'nt as much help as you had hoped but you will at least get a consistent match of photos for down the road. After a while you will find what the market is selling his stuff for and at that point it will be easier to detect the real stuff from the fake.

I do the same thing for Dallas Cowboys Items. Like yourself I collected as much Drew Bledsoe items as I could find. He pretty much wore the same style of cleats his whole time with the Cowboys and I knew he had a size 14. I had noticed some on Ebay that were not consistent at all with the style he wore. I finally found a reputable source who bought in bulk at the Cowboys tent sale before the went with Game Used Exclusives and he got me a buch of great stuff, including a pair of Bledsoe cleats.

Good luck! and have you checked out Locker Room Memoribilia? www.lrmemo.com. They have a lot of Zimmerman stuff up for sale. There is also a link to this site http://www.zimsfoundation.org/

Jay

RyanZimmerman11

Quote Originally Posted by jayt1234 View Post
    Just keep doing what you are doing, do as much research on these things as you can. If you can find a reputable source who is selling items such as cleats at least you can get a size that should be consistent with all other items you find. Your check on Getty Images probally was'nt as much help as you had hoped but you will at least get a consistent match of photos for down the road. After a while you will find what the market is selling his stuff for and at that point it will be easier to detect the real stuff from the fake.

I do the same thing for Dallas Cowboys Items. Like yourself I collected as much Drew Bledsoe items as I could find. He pretty much wore the same style of cleats his whole time with the Cowboys and I knew he had a size 14. I had noticed some on Ebay that were not consistent at all with the style he wore. I finally found a reputable source who bought in bulk at the Cowboys tent sale before the went with Game Used Exclusives and he got me a buch of great stuff, including a pair of Bledsoe cleats.

Good luck! and have you checked out Locker Room Memoribilia? www.lrmemo.com. They have a lot of Zimmerman stuff up for sale. There is also a link to this site http://www.zimsfoundation.org/

Jay

Thank you for the advice and the links Both are helpful.

I've never tried GettyImages....I will look them up now.

Thanks again,
    Jay

Banned

Ball Park Heroes has a great game used jersey in stock. Call Kim Stigall at 817-275-2717 or www.ballparkheroes.com. Also, there is a dealer in the DC area that really dominates the Nationals game used stuff. He has or had a ton of Zimmerman MLB authenticated bats+jerseys. I dont have his direct information but go to www.allstarplus.com Good luck

Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

RyanZimmerman11

Quote Originally Posted by GrndSlm View Post
    Ball Park Heroes has a great game used jersey in stock. Call Kim Stigall at 817-275-2717 or www.ballparkheroes.com. Also, there is a dealer in the DC area that really dominates the Nationals game used stuff. He has or had a ton of Zimmerman MLB authenticated bats+jerseys. I dont have his direct information but go to www.allstarplus.com Good luck

Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

Thank you I've spoken to Allstarplus. Hopefully we can come to an arrangement. I've seen the jersey that Ball Park Heroes has, the price is too high for what I'm looking for.

But thanks all the same for the heads up

Jay

Juan - Thanks for the good word.

Zim was very consistent with bats in 2006 using black LS during the 1st couple of months last year and then switched to the blonde LS and finished the year with Max bats. He used Rawlings a few times also.

This year he has mostly used black Max bats as well as less frequently LS and Rawlings.

For batting gloves, I have only seen him use Nike gloves. This year he is wearing a different style from last year. Go to www.GettyImages.com and you will see many images of him.

Cleats are mostly low top Nike cleats and the mids and hi-top all black with the white swoosh. I saw him use another brand of cleats a couple of times and never was able to determine the brand.

Here is a 2007 pic:
    http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7411...072C4ECBF44EDE

Here is a 2006 pic:
    http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7107...F9043228919235

Hope that helps.
    Andrew GameUsed@Nationals.net

RyanZimmerman11

Andrew,

Thanks for that info..that helps alot.

Jay

Would be very gratefull if someone could awnser me this question, so when did ryan zimmerman use the Louisvellie slugger bats?

uh oh, someone revived the dreaded "RyanZimmerman11" thread!

Anyway, I think Andrew answered it above. Looks like he used LS in 2005-06 when he first came up.

He also had a time period where he used Black Max bats (Andrew, correct me if I'm wrong). Then he went to blond Marucchi's last season and this year he's been using black Marucchi's.

Jim

I think this should answer the question regarding Zimmerman's use of black Max bats in 2007

Here are pics of my uncracked 2007 gamer courtesy of Andrew:

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com