Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Puckett Turn Ahead the Clock Jersey...is this even possible?

I asked this on the related thread, but thought this was worth a thread of its own. Jim Yackel has a Puckett jersey from 2000, but is a size 48. The size is what concerns me. I found a link to a Leland's auction that sold a 1994 Puckett jersey (from the Twins) that was a 50. Anyone knowing Puck also knows he really packed on weight after he retired. I cannot imagine him being capable of getting in to a 48 in 2000, let alone wearing one around and swinging a bat in it. TATC night was only a year before Puck was inducted into the Hall. He must have been wearing a 54 or 56 by then. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=635&auctionid=512

http://www.jimyackel.com/34Puckett7-06.JPG

RyanZimmerman11

Re: Puckett Turn Ahead the Clock Jersey...is this even possible?

Maybe it's just me but that just looks like an Authentic jersey (store bought).

Regardless, I agree. There's NO WAY Puck fit into a 48. Impossible.

Jay

I posted this in the other thread. Will post it here too.

The Twins participated in two TATC games. One against the Royals and one against Seattle. Can't remember the dates off hand. The Royals game was in KC and the Seattle game was in MN.

In a story run by the Star Tribune after Puckett's death someone close to him said he never stepped on the Metrodome field after he retired from baseball. He only watched games from a suite.

Bryan
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Thanks for the posts. Bryan, now that you mention it, I do remember that story too. He would gladhand with the executives in suites. I don't recall Puck ever being on the field. That 48 is a tough sell too.

My guess is that it's some sort of a "salesman sample."

On the dates of the 2 Twins TATC games... were any of them in 2000? I thought that this horrible failure of a promotion (which yielded some of the most outrageous jerseys in the history of the game) came to a screeching halt in 1999. I know that there was also a game or two played in 1998. As for 2000, I was not aware that there was one.

Can someone out there verify the dates of these TATC games? I have tried in the past very unsuccessfully (you may even find my original post on this forum if you search hard enough)!!!

RyanZimmerman11

Not to change gears....

Which teams have TATC jerseys? I would love to pick a few up. That is if I ever find any lol

The first game was 1998 KC vs. Seattle. The rest were in 1999. I'm almost certain it ended that year. I liked how crazy some of them were. He is a ESPN video on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8KZwf9_VI

Quote Originally Posted by RyanZimmerman11 View Post
    Not to change gears....

Which teams have TATC jerseys? I would love to pick a few up. That is if I ever find any lol
    I have a complete list with photos at home (still at work). I can post that later tonight. There were only a handful of teams that did NOT have a TATC jersey.

I have 2 in my collection - an authentic retail "Mercury" Mets jersey and a game used White Sox jersey. My son (the Angels fan) has both versions of the Angels TATC jersey (there was a blue one and a red one; each worn during their 2 TATC games).

Apart from the Mets one, I do love the Brewers one because it brought back "Barrel Man." I would like to have one of these, even if it were a retail one.

I have seen a Mets gamer of the TATC Jason Isringhausen to be exact.But the owner would not part with it..I have an authentic blank here is a pic.Wasnt that Pucket on Jim Yackels site awhile back??