Jeter Bat on ebay

November 6 2005 at 7:21 PM Mike (Login mpalony)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8719700802&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any thoughts?

AuthorReply

Reid
(Login sportscentury)
Re: Jeter Bat on ebay

November 6 2005, 7:40 PM
Mike,

It looks good, but it would be helpful to see the handle in order to see if there is any white residue. Also, I'd be curious to see the knob.

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.

P. Brogle
(Login pjbmd)

November 6 2005, 7:45 PM
Bat looks ok
Story is incredibly cheesy
I'ld proceed with caution

GameBats
(Login GameBats)

November 6 2005, 7:54 PM
Buy one from Steiner with tremendous use. Jeter bats with rock solid provenance will hold their value. In the future you will be glad you spent the extra money.

Robert
(Login Rboitano1)
STOP and LOOK

November 6 2005, 8:23 PM
Their is a HUGE problem with this bat. Take a close look at the center brand and the 125. Their is way too much room between the 125 and the i in louisville. It looks like someone used some wood filler and covered over it with black paint. You can see it in the pictures if you look. The bat is a dressed up store model. I wouldnt buy a single dipped Jeter bat anyways, stay with the Smith double dipped finish.

Marcus Sevier
(Login AstrosBats)
Re: STOP and LOOK

November 6 2005, 8:33 PM
Good eye Robert! Here is the bat with the colors inverted. You can see where the underline is/was.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

Marcus Sevier
www.GameBatStore.com

Reid
(Login sportscentury)
Robert - outstanding call!

November 6 2005, 8:34 PM
Robert,

I do see that - great call. I wouldn't touch this bat.

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.

Mike
(Login mpalony)
Re: Robert - outstanding call!

November 6 2005, 10:37 PM
I don't get/see exactly what you're pointing out. The bat was originally blonde and painted black? Sorry i am confused, can anyone try explaining it again? Thanks

AJ
(Login Astrobats)

November 6 2005, 11:47 PM
Store model bats have the 125 in the center brand underlined. Someone used some black paint or a marker to fill in the underline. The picture above is of the black bat in the auction, just the colors have been inverted. You can do this in Photoshop or picture editing program. Notice the indention on the bat under the 125. That is definately an underline. Great Job and hope this helps!

-AJ

Mike
(Login mpalony)

November 6 2005, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah! Now i see what you're talking about. I can defiitely see the underline. I didn't know they sold store model bats with the TPX and MLB logo on the back of the barrel? Thanks alot for your help! This is very interesting.

Reid
(Login sportscentury)

November 7 2005, 9:19 AM
Mike,

I didn't know that either ... it is one of the reasons that I initially thought the bat was good. I'm not sure what this bat is as this is the first game model/replica bat that I've seen with the TPX logo ... though I can't say that I regularly check these out, so perhaps it is more common than we both realize.

Reid

Jason

(Login stlbats)
Game Model Bats

November 8 2005, 10:27 PM
Hello.
You can buy this exact Jeter bat as well as Giambi, Sheffield, Thome, Palmeiro, Arod, Posada, Griffey and Roberto Alomar from Anaconda Sports. They are $90 each and are all exact models the players use just have the line under the 125.

thanks
jason

Reid
(Login sportscentury)
Seller removed the fake Jeter bat

November 8 2005, 6:04 PM
I don't normally do this, but I sent the seller a note stating how it could be proven that this bat was a fake and that the story had been made up to defraud innocent, unsuspecting eBay bidders. I pointed out that someone could contact eBay and various agencies about this. I can't be sure that it was because of my email, but this auction was taken down within 70 minutes of when I sent my note. Either way, the auction is no more (at least for now).

Reid