Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

Mine would depend on the season..
    Now that it's baseball season, it would have to be my 2003 Roger Clemens jersey. A jersey, pants and hat set of Randy Johnson that is photomatched is close.
    Hockey- A three way tie between Whalers Chris Pronger and another Whalers Brendan Shanahan, with a photomatched and HAMMERED Jeremy Roenick Hawks. It really depends on my mood...
    Football- Muhsin Muhammad's game worn jersey and pants set from the game against our Cardinals in 2006. He didn't do much in the game, but it's a classic battle. Every time I look at it, I recall Dennis Green saying, "The Bears are who we thought they were..."

I think this thread has happened before, but I remember it fizzling, so I'm glad to see it back.

Mine is a strange one: a baseball used by Bob Feller when he pitched for Navy over the Army team.

Other faves: Early Wynn game used bat, Ronald Reagan auto'd bat, Kevin McHale GW jersey.

Ken

First Japanese born pitcher to face a Japanese born hitter lineup card. Ichiro VS. Hasagawa. I have the Mariners line up card from that night. Might be a nice item for some folks. Its one of a kind.

Banned

A Game football from the Philadelphia Eagles 1960 Championship game. I've bought and sold memorabilia through the years but this football has never nor will it ever be for sale.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    A Game football from the Philadelphia Eagles 1960 Championship game. I've bought and sold memorabilia through the years but this football has never nor will it ever be for sale.

Jim
    You'd probably like to have this then.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow you guys have some pretty neat stuff. Like I said I have just started to really get into collecting about 6 months ago. Hopefully I will have some interested pieces to tell you guys about soon!

My game used collection really starts and ends here. Only the white jersey and the teal jersey are game used, but the teal one is my pride and joy. It is from the Jags first ever Monday Night game 9-22-97, which was also Brunell's first game back after his knee injury when everyone said he might miss the whole season but he was back in week 3. Big game for Brunell, 3TDs, over 300 yards and a win for the Jags! When Brunell left the Jags, the newspaper in Florida did a count down of his top ten favorite moments as a Jag, and this game came in at number 4 for him. This one will be handed down to the grandkids for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is mine. Being that he is my favortie player to collect at this point, he is probably not big on anyone's radar yet. But one day he should be. He's got a big heart and drive that will get him to the show. My most prized possession of GU items is Adrian Cardenas' 1st pro jersey from the GCL and a GU uncracked bat from this year auto'd by him. It is pounded with use with tons of tar. I am planning on getting a frame that will hold both on display.

Enjoy!

Name:  Cardenas 1st Pro Jersey and Bat.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  191.6 KB

1990 Don Mattingly GU Road Yankee Jersey. MAP

It would have to be my 1928-30 Tony Lazzeri game bat and a 1951 New York Sports Writers program signed by 17 HOF'ers including players like Jimmie Foxx, Cy Young, Ty Cobb, Hugh Duffy, Kid Nichols, and Rogers Hornsby to name a few.