Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff
    • Nov 2005

Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

1993 Mike Mussina Home White Game Used Orioles Jersey with the 1993 All Star Patch on the Sleeve.Or my Vlad Guerrero Game Used Route 66 Bat.

Comment

• grandpahoo
      • Jul 2007

I got this autograph back in 1980. It went missing for 10 years after my stepfather and mother moved. I finally found it a few years ago and got it matted and framed.
      Attached Files

Comment

• sportsbaron
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by psmachetti
        I'd love to see a pic of that Clint Jones helmet.
        Paul
        Here you go . . .

Visit my site Spartantiques!

Comment

• plt4008usmc
          • Nov 2006

My most prized piece would have to be my 4 Jed Lowrie Gamers. I have atleast on jersey from every year has been a professional.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ndevlin22
            Mine might have to be my 1943-45 Army baseball program vintage signed by every player that played like the Dimaggio brothers (Joe and Dom), Mize, Coach Dickey, and Pee Wee Reese. I want to say a total of about 40 or so signatures. Dont see players going to war now a days, so I guess its unique. I tried cropping a picture about 10 times and continues to say its to big, so I said the hell with it.

I'd love to see scans of this, along with a list of all the names you could make out, if you wouldn't mind. Also, any history, if you have it.

I'm part of a SABR group documenting the service history of MLB players.

Perhaps this is from a Pacific game between service teams? Mize and Reese were in the Navy.

Ken
            earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

My 1996 Alex Rodriguez Rawlings HR #15 (20th HR of his career) Bat. Only 12 bats were ordered by Arod in 1996. This being 1 of those 12, and being that it's a HR Bat, makes it pretty special bat.
              Attached Files
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• geoff
                • Nov 2005

I forgot my 2002 Brian Roberts Signed Game Used Road Orioles Jersey.Rookie Jersey.

Thanks
                Geoff

Comment

• Swoboda4
                  • Nov 2005

Comment

• hitchcock
                    • Aug 2006

From my favorite baseball player since I was a boy...I am lucky enough to have of Billy Hitchcock:

1945 U.S. Army Air Force baseball uniform (jersey and pants) - worn while he was stationed on the island of Tinian, in the South Pacific, where the Enola Gay took off to bomb Japan

1949 Boston Red Sox home jersey

1952 Philadelphia Athletics complete uniform (cap, jersey, belt, pants, stirrups, and cleats)

George

b11hitch@aol.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

Any photos this looks like a very impressive collection to me at least.

Originally posted by hitchcock
                      From my favorite baseball player since I was a boy...I am lucky enough to have of Billy Hitchcock:

1945 U.S. Army Air Force baseball uniform (jersey and pants) - worn while he was stationed on the island of Tinian, in the South Pacific, where the Enola Gay took off to bomb Japan

1952 Philadelphia Athletics complete uniform (cap, jersey, belt, pants, stirrups, and cleats)

George

b11hitch@aol.com
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com
                      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hitchcock

George

b11hitch@aol.com
                        I'd LOVE to see some scans of the Army uniform. If you ever want to sell, please let me know first!

Ken
                        earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• hitchcock
                          • Aug 2006

I'd love to post some pics of my stuff...if I only knew how!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

George

b11hitch@aol.com

Comment

• Metsfan808
                            • Sep 2007

Here is mine, it is my only game used peice 2006 David Wright jersey:

__________________________________________________ _______________
                            Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
                            cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Comment

• Laser110
                              • Mar 2009

For me it would be my 1950 Ohio State/Michigan program from the famous " now Bowl" game. I saw it on ebay and was out bid the last minute by just $.01 Disappointed, I put it out of my mind till about a week later I got an e-mail from the seller.

It turns out the guy who out beat me couldn't pay for it and everytime he tried his card was being turned down. The seller gave me his contact info and asked if I wanted it, to contact him at his store. I did the next day, gave my credit card and had the program in my hands by then end of the week.

The game was called the "Snow Bowl" because of the blizzard that day. Neither team scored a touchdown with scoring coming off of field goal attempts. The snow made it so hard to see, teams were punting on 1st or 2nd down. Ohio Stadium at the time held just over 80,000 people, but it was reported that under 30,000 made it to the game. Some program were rolled up and lit as torches to help keep warm, while others were just thrown away after the game. To find one in perfect condition is not only hard, but rare.

Another interesting note about the game, it was Francis Schmidt's last as the Buckeye's coach. The next guy hired to replace him, was some guy very few heard of by the name of Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes.

Scott

Comment

• ifirocked
                                • Dec 2007

Swoboda4, that is just Amazing !!!!!

Comment

Working...