Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Wink Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

As most of you guys probably already know, our collections keep growing and every so often we get to upgrade our collections. My new grail piece is this 1997 Curtis Martin game worn jersey to add to my other grail pieces. This one is just a bit more rare, and I really didn't think I would be able to get it, but once in awhile we get lucky. It is picture perfect in every respect and I am very proud to get it! I already posted on it, but hey, I like to see everyone's stuff over and over again. I actually go through all my auction mags just to see the goods again.
    Scott

By the way, that Ichiro chase ball story is great! Love to hear about great buys on the Bay!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbaron View Post
    1) Handwritten letter from Hank Greenberg to my great-grandmother thanking her for baking cookies for him as a young player in Detroit.

2) 1966 Clint Jones game worn Michigan State football helmet.

3) 1979 Jay Vincent game worn Michigan State basketball jersey.

4) 1950's Dorne Dibble game worn Detroit Lions jersey.
    I'd love to see a pic of that Clint Jones helmet.
    Paul

My most prized pieces are my '96 game worn Bob Wickman Yankee pinstripe jersey and my game used Andy Brown (last goalie to play w/o a mask) goalie stick from his '71-'72 season in Ft Worth and Detroit.
    Paul

I'd say my most prized piece is my 1937 Alameda Kono All-Stars jersey. This was a Japanese American All-Star team that toured Asia. Here is a link with pics for those interested:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=13320

I got this as a kid when a neighbor was cleaning out her garage. She said you can keep whatever you find and I lucked upon this one and one other Japanese American baseball jersey. It's seems to be a somewhat rare piece with lots of history. I'm just glad I never got rid of it.

A few pieces in my closet stand out. Here's the top 3
    1. Home plate from Yankee Stadium from the 2001 WS
    2. Set 3 Second base from 2000 WS Game 5
    3. Clete Boyer's OTD jersey from 2007--his final appearance at Yankee Stadium
    pjb

1993 Mike Mussina Home White Game Used Orioles Jersey with the 1993 All Star Patch on the Sleeve.Or my Vlad Guerrero Game Used Route 66 Bat.

I got this autograph back in 1980. It went missing for 10 years after my stepfather and mother moved. I finally found it a few years ago and got it matted and framed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by psmachetti View Post
    I'd love to see a pic of that Clint Jones helmet.
    Paul
    Here you go . . .

My most prized piece would have to be my 4 Jed Lowrie Gamers. I have atleast on jersey from every year has been a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin22 View Post
    Mine might have to be my 1943-45 Army baseball program vintage signed by every player that played like the Dimaggio brothers (Joe and Dom), Mize, Coach Dickey, and Pee Wee Reese. I want to say a total of about 40 or so signatures. Dont see players going to war now a days, so I guess its unique. I tried cropping a picture about 10 times and continues to say its to big, so I said the hell with it.

I'd love to see scans of this, along with a list of all the names you could make out, if you wouldn't mind. Also, any history, if you have it.

I'm part of a SABR group documenting the service history of MLB players.

Perhaps this is from a Pacific game between service teams? Mize and Reese were in the Navy.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com