Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

My 1996 Alex Rodriguez Rawlings HR #15 (20th HR of his career) Bat. Only 12 bats were ordered by Arod in 1996. This being 1 of those 12, and being that it's a HR Bat, makes it pretty special bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I forgot my 2002 Brian Roberts Signed Game Used Road Orioles Jersey.Rookie Jersey.

Thanks
    Geoff

From my favorite baseball player since I was a boy...I am lucky enough to have of Billy Hitchcock:

1945 U.S. Army Air Force baseball uniform (jersey and pants) - worn while he was stationed on the island of Tinian, in the South Pacific, where the Enola Gay took off to bomb Japan

1949 Boston Red Sox home jersey

1952 Philadelphia Athletics complete uniform (cap, jersey, belt, pants, stirrups, and cleats)

George

b11hitch@aol.com

Any photos this looks like a very impressive collection to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
    From my favorite baseball player since I was a boy...I am lucky enough to have of Billy Hitchcock:

1945 U.S. Army Air Force baseball uniform (jersey and pants) - worn while he was stationed on the island of Tinian, in the South Pacific, where the Enola Gay took off to bomb Japan

1952 Philadelphia Athletics complete uniform (cap, jersey, belt, pants, stirrups, and cleats)

George

b11hitch@aol.com
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post

George

b11hitch@aol.com
    I'd LOVE to see some scans of the Army uniform. If you ever want to sell, please let me know first!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I'd love to post some pics of my stuff...if I only knew how!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

George

b11hitch@aol.com

Here is mine, it is my only game used peice 2006 David Wright jersey:

For me it would be my 1950 Ohio State/Michigan program from the famous " now Bowl" game. I saw it on ebay and was out bid the last minute by just $.01 Disappointed, I put it out of my mind till about a week later I got an e-mail from the seller.

It turns out the guy who out beat me couldn't pay for it and everytime he tried his card was being turned down. The seller gave me his contact info and asked if I wanted it, to contact him at his store. I did the next day, gave my credit card and had the program in my hands by then end of the week.

The game was called the "Snow Bowl" because of the blizzard that day. Neither team scored a touchdown with scoring coming off of field goal attempts. The snow made it so hard to see, teams were punting on 1st or 2nd down. Ohio Stadium at the time held just over 80,000 people, but it was reported that under 30,000 made it to the game. Some program were rolled up and lit as torches to help keep warm, while others were just thrown away after the game. To find one in perfect condition is not only hard, but rare.

Another interesting note about the game, it was Francis Schmidt's last as the Buckeye's coach. The next guy hired to replace him, was some guy very few heard of by the name of Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes.

Scott

Swoboda4, that is just Amazing !!!!!