Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: 2007 Pink Mother's Day bats on auction

I received DHL notification the day before the Hernandez bat arrived. The bat appears to have been shipped from New York. Still no word on the Gibbons bat that I won last week, although my credit card was charged.

Here are a few pictures of the Hernandez bat. My camera doesn't do this bat justice. The thing is absolutely hammered.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I can not wait to get mine..That is sweet...

The auction ended on Monday, June 25, at 4 p.m. and I received my super rare Robert Fick Nationals bat on Wednesday afternoon, June 27 in Maryland from New York City via DHL. Now, that's FAST!

89ASMVP....You may or may not know this but Sports Illustrated had a huge picture of Hernandez using that bat in their first issue after the game. I no longer have it, but you may want to pick it up as a companion piece for the bat...Nice bat!

Ironmanfan, thanks for the info. I'm going to check that out.

Got email notification from DHL that the Gibbons bat should arrive today.

Would love to see pictures of everyone else's Mother's Day bats.

Drew

Got my Grady Sizemore pink bat today. It shows more use than what was shown in the auction description-very happy with it. I won the Jimmy Rollins bat last Monday and have yet to receive it, but I got the Sizemore today after only 4 days- tough to figure out. Anyway, here's the pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Man those bats are nice. I love seeing them, but it's just killing me that I haven't heard one word about the one I won. Other than my credit card was charged on the 20th. I just don't get it. Why haven't they shipped all these things out. They must have them. They all had pictures of them before the auction.

The shipping puzzle is tough to figure out considering that I received the Gibbons bat today (6/29) that I won on 6/18. The Hernandez bat that I purchased on 6/25, however, was in my hands on 6/27. Both bats were shipped from New York.

Based on the condition of the Gibbons bat that I received today, MLB Auctions can sometime use the term "game used" liberally. The bat is more game ready than game used. It was difficult to gauge the use from the auction pictures since they did not display that back of the barrel. Aside from a few rack streaks, his number on the handle, and a handful of dings, there is little evidence that Gibbons used this bat. Luckily the money went to a good cause. Let me know if anyone would be interested in this one at a price below the $310 that I paid for it. For what it's worth, the bat is autographed and there aren't many of these on the market.

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

dcrules01,
    After we both looked at the Mother's Day Endy Chavez bat which you won,I ended up with a consolation prize: Montreal Expos Chavez bat for $19.95+shipping. Not bad. Agreed-Not the same thing though.-Robert
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Endy-Chavez-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem

I still have heard nothing about mine.My credit card was charged right away.Thats a nice Chavez he became a legend in NY after that catch last year in Game 7.Sweet bats guys ill be sure to post pics when I get mine.Does DHL deliver on Saturdays???