Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Justin Morneau Game Used Bat on Ebay

Asking other Twins collectors if they have ever seen Morneau use an Max bat during a game and/or have any collectors ever seen a Morneau game bat with the number 33 on the knob?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320128493406&ssPageNam e=ADME:B:EF:US:11

I have searched getty images back to 2004 and could not find a photo of Morneau ever using Max bat during a game or a photo of any of his bats having the number 33 on the knob in black sharpie.

I know Morneau uses bwp bats as his bat of choice. I have a blonde bwp used during the 2005 season that I recieved directly from the Twins. The knob has 34 1/2 written small in black sharpie. This is consistant with photos of Morneau gamers. I also got Morneau to sign my gamer at Best Buy in the summer of 2006, where Morneau confirm that bat was one of his gamers.

I have attached photos of my gamer and of Morneau signing the bat. I am wearing a black baseball hat in the photo. I will also attach photos of Morneau from getty images.

If anyone can provide any info as to Morneau puting his number 33 or using a Max bat in a game it would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Re: Justin Morneau Game Used Bat on Ebay

Photos of Morneau in action.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

I'm guessing it's a S/T bat. I know he used a Rawlings in April last year and maybe, and that's a big maybe, a LS, but I haven't seen him use a Max bat. It's definitely a 2006 because of the 33 and not a 27 in the model number, but whether a S/T, BP, or "gamer," it's tough to say. Either way, it looks like a cool bat. It just depends on how you get your kicks.

Chris

Looks like a Max bat to me??? Looks like Justin used Max Bats in early 2005 in late April. I agree with the no number, but the lack of Justin's tape job is what would scare me off