Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
I tend to agree with dodgersfan...because of the lack of time Zimmerman has spent in the majors, his items are very limited. What makes it even worse is he has a deal in place with LRM....so if you want his GU stuff, you are going to have to pay for it or find another player to collect. I think you have a better chance at winning the lottery then finding a home, visitor and alternate jersey of Ryan from people willing to sell if you don't go through LRM.

Well, I glad that I don't readily accept advice from everyone. And I guess maybe I should play the lottery then huh?

You're right, I am picky and I do have boundries on what I will pay and what I won't.

Does that mean I won't find what I am looking for? Absolutely not. What it means it that when I wind up getting all the items I want, they will be EXACTLY what I want. And in the end, I know I will not overpay.

Unlike most of you other "collectors" I don't feel big about spending the most I can for an item. I prefer to collect what I like and pay the most reasonable secondary market prices.

Also, just a little FYI....

I recently purchased his Alternate game worn jersey and his Road game worn jersey from a private collector. Both for the tidy sum of $1000 each. I also managed to pick up a game used sweatband for $70 and 1 game used bat (M9) for $300. - which meets most of my requirements for a gu bat and 1 pair of GU batting gloves for $150.

Now, why would I have paid BPH's absurd price of $1495.00 for their gu jersey?

And if either of you don't feel that LRM's prices are ridiculously high on some if not most of the items, I have several items I'd love to sell to you

I said I was new to the GU world...I never said I was new to collecting or sports collectibles. I have been in the business for nearly 22 years. If nothing else I am smart about my purchases.

But thank you both for your incredible insight to how I won't ever get any Zimmerman game used.

Thanks,
Jay