Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Wanted: 1980s SF Giants jerseys

What a drag. I would have wanted to keep at least one as well. I have sold jerseys in the past and have dealt with the ensuing seller's remorse. I let a Bob Brenly Giants road jersey go a while back that I'd like to get back. Of course, another one will surface one day, but will probably cost much more than the one that got away. Tom

Banned

Yea, I know, I'm an idiot. The Giants 2001 All-star jersey was photo matched too. He used it the first half of the season and then in the all-star game and then was turned over to MLB. I also had the 1999 TBC orange jersey photo matched too. They only used it one game and I had a photo of him in it. IDIOT!
    Greg

The Jeff Leonard jersey is awesome. I remember seeing one on ebay a couple years back and kicking myself for not buying it. Always liked him as a player.

Are any of you guys going to Giants games today and tomorrow. I'll be there for sure. The '87 team reunion is tomorrow and Jeff Leonard will be there.

Ironically, if it weren't for Jeffrey Leonard brokering a peace in the Giants clubhouse between Will Clark and the African American players, Will might have died 20 yrs. ago.

I guess there was also heat between Kevin Mitchell and Jeff Leonard. Mitch in 1987 hit 2HRs in a game and Jeff Leonard blew him off publicly in the dugout instead of congratulating him. However, after the game in the tunnel where no one could see him, Jeff Leonard said to Mitch privately, "nice game."

I went to mlb fanfest and got Will Clark's auto. People in line joked that Will Clark and Jeffrey Leonard would be at the table signing side by side.

hey guys, i have a chili davis white warm-up worn jersey from 1986...e-mail is rundmkev@yahoo.com regards, kevin

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Yea, I know, I'm an idiot.
    "Idiot" seems a bit harsh... I'd go with the Homer Simpson "DOH!" and leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by calgrad1999 View Post
    The Jeff Leonard jersey is awesome. I remember seeing one on ebay a couple years back and kicking myself for not buying it. Always liked him as a player.
    This is probably the same one... I was all over it when it popped up for auction. I really enjoyed seeing him play at The Stick... The "flaps down" homerun trot was cool. I'd like to find one of his 00 numbered jerseys one day as well!

Tom

Wink Re: Wanted: 1980s SF Giants jerseys

I am a Giants game used bat guy but have picked up a few jerseys including-- Joe Price, Jim Wolford, Noah Lowery, Marvin Benard, Michael Tucker, Jeff Kent (From Greg "33bird") and Matt Morris...am always looking for Giants bats and have over a hundred --too many to list ---

PS -- went to game last night-- Barry got shut down 00 but great 9th inning comeback-- its to bad Armando Benitez was not the Marlins pithcher in the 9th...
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net

calgrad I would be interested in the alou jersey if you would ever sell it. email me and let me know biggrim17@aol.com