Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLB Database Confusion

I noticed today that the hologram that is on my Julio Franco game worn pants is finally in the database, but it says:

Hologram number BB120878 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under Pants (uniform).

Product Description: Julio Franco
    Session Product Description: Game-used Pants

Session Name: Baltimore Orioles¿New York Mets

Session Date: 2006-06-17 00:00

Autographer:

Authenticator: Authenticators, Inc.

The problem is that these pants are not from June 17th. Not only did they NOT wear these style pants that day, but I actually have these pants photomatched to June 22nd. I know that they wouldn't authenticate something before it was worn so is this just a huge mix-up? Also, it has the new Steiner hologram so is there any way I can look them up through Steiner? Do they have a database yet?

Re: MLB Database Confusion

Kyle - In reading this thread, I have determined that MLB's hologram/authentication department is run by some real ass clowns who dont seem to know basic data entry skills.

Just my .02

Jim

Make a steiner account or log in if you already have one, then go to hologram lookup

good luck with that though, i dont think any of my items are in the system

i agree. The mlb database is nothing short of terrible. They have no excuses for this either. I used to put them above psa/dna but no more. I dont care if my item has a glittery sticker on it, if i cant access my item the sticker might as well not be on there. i dont want my beltran bat to be put in since i have it photomatched to a 5 day period this season and they will probably say its a 2002 game model signed by rusty greer. I dont like the mlb database if you couldnt tell.

Quote Originally Posted by zookerman182 View Post
    i agree. The mlb database is nothing short of terrible. They have no excuses for this either. I used to put them above psa/dna but no more. I dont care if my item has a glittery sticker on it, if i cant access my item the sticker might as well not be on there. i dont want my beltran bat to be put in since i have it photomatched to a 5 day period this season and they will probably say its a 2002 game model signed by rusty greer. I dont like the mlb database if you couldnt tell.

Whatever happened to Greer? He was a .300 hitter with good pop and some solid rbi season? Did he get hurt and retire?

Jim

yeah he was decent. Got over 100 rbi a few times but only played 9 seasons and the last couple were shortened because of injury then i guess he decided to hangem up.

It looks like the last session they did was on 6-27-07. I was just punching in numbers and the last one that registered was BB600431. My game used base is BB652625 from the Cards 8-31-07 game. So that means they only need to enter 52,000 items before they get to mine lol.

I thought the session number was just the date they were authenticated, but for your pants to have been authenticated before actual use is kinda weird. Maybe they know what they are going to auction or sell ahead of time and go ahead and authenticate it. Just my guess

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for the order of input into the database. In the last two months, I have purchased 2 game used jersey and 2 game used balls and all have already shown up in the system accurately. I think they are starting to get on top of things....

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Make a steiner account or log in if you already have one, then go to hologram lookup

good luck with that though, i dont think any of my items are in the system

Just tried it.....no luck. Says it isn't in the system. I think Steiner is trying wayy too hard to be as slow as MLB authentication

I don't understand why the hologram numbers are not entered within a day or so. Why not authenticate an item, then after that, immediately put into the system....Surely they can issue laptop computers to these people. I am guessing they only authenticate so many items a game.....

I am getting angry over this system. I have been trying to e-mail them since early July about the Zimmerman bat I have. It always returns with a failure notice stating it will put the account over the quota...

Does anyone have any contacts that can help me determine which game this one bat was used in?

Poor, poor system....

MLB authenticating, so easy a cave man can do it, or at least you would think so!