Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Lightbulb Inscriptions Written On Bats! Please Post Pics Of Yours

I thought this would be cool for people to post pictures of there bat's with inscriptions. Here is a picture of my Jack Wilson gamer. The writing says " Espy, This Bat Broke Cause I'm A Light Hitting SS Like You -Jack Wilson" I can't wait to see others.
    Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Re: Inscriptions Written On Bats! Please Post Pics Of Yours

Here is a 1998 game issue Mcgwire bat.It has the correct stamp on the knob with MAC25 batch number and the year 98.I collect sign game used bats but could not pass up on this one.Email me if anyone would like to buy this bat.

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Jeter

Photos of my (C171) (C271) H&B (1974) of Lou Brock. Signed in Germantown, TN in the early 90's. Autograph was minimal and stats were free. Lou even took a couple swings with the bat, have photos. Super nice guy. Wonder in today's world what it would take to get his stats on his bat?????????

Here's a cool one. It's not a gamer. But, I treasure it like one. This is a bat that Jim Thome sent to me personally. He inscribed it,signed it, and best of all mailed it to me. The lable was even made out by him. Check it out.... I'll have to resize the pics. Apparently they're too big.

Here are a couple unique inscriptions courtesy of the Ripken brothers. Cal often placed athletic tape on the back of the barrel & made notes in his own handwriting for bats of various significance. I always liked this bat since it's dated and broken while batting off another (future) HOF'er Roger Clemens...While Billy Ripken is probably more famous for other bat inscriptions, this one was noted by him in the Fall of 1983 while in the Instructional League, Billy was jammed on a pitch by none other than Al "The Mad Hungarian" Hrabosky who was attempting a comeback. Also important to note that this picture gives credence to his recent statement to me that he never rec'd any bats from Cal while in the minors....

Here's one of my favorite pieces. I collect game-used bats and jerseys of players with the last name "Scott." My buddy Don Bell knows Joe B. Scott, who played in the Negro Leagues, and offered to get his signature on a bat for me. That summer, I was at the Louisville Slugger museum and bought a personalized bat with Joe's name on the barrel, then gave it to Don. I asked if Joe also might write some notation about his career on the bat. When Don returned my bat, I was pleasantly pleased (and a little shocked) at the information Joe included.

How cool is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Here's one of my favorite pieces. I collect game-used bats and jerseys of players with the last name "Scott." My buddy Don Bell knows Joe B. Scott, who played in the Negro Leagues, and offered to get his signature on a bat for me. That summer, I was at the Louisville Slugger museum and bought a personalized bat with Joe's name on the barrel, then gave it to Don. I asked if Joe also might write some notation about his career on the bat. When Don returned my bat, I was pleasantly pleased (and a little shocked) at the information Joe included.

How cool is that?

He wrote a book!!! Nice piece!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: