Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2005 Boston Red Sox Jerseys

Can anyone please tell me what the tagging should look like on 2005 Boston Red Sox Home Jerseys that are game used. I have seen many different tags for Manny Ramirez but would like to know if anyone has any experience in the purchasing of other players jerseys and what the tagging looked like.
    Thanks
    Scott

Re: 2005 Boston Red Sox Jerseys

Scott,

Here's some pics of Kevin Millar, David Ortiz and a couple of Manny Ramirez home jerseys from 2005, you can see the home jerseys all have strip tagging. I'm not sure if all the Red Sox 2005 jerseys were tagged this way, but all the pics of Red Sox 2005 jerseys that I ran across so far all show strip tagging.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Bobby,
    Thanks for the reply and pics. Have you seen any 2005 Red Sox Jerseys that do not have a strip tag. Instead that have the Majestic tag and size flap tag but also have the 0062 wash code tag sewn into the tail.
    Thanks
    Scott

Here's a David Ortiz 2005 road jersey with strip tagging.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bobby did a phenominal job finding those pics of Ortiz and Millar with their jerseys hanging out in 2005.
    For 2005 RedSox jerseys, I have seen both the strip tagging and the size flag tag only. See image below:

I'm not enough of a Red Sox and/or modern game used jersey aficianado
    to know for certain which one was used. (I would curious to know; if you removed the strip tagging on those Leland's '05 Red Sox jerseys, would
    there be a size flag tag underneath?). At any rate, I would offer this common sense advice: Given Bobby's photos and in the absence of any other conclusive evidence, wouldn't you feel more comfortable purchasing an '05 Red Sox jersey with strip tagging?
    It's not to say the Red Sox used strip tagging for every single game, but
    at worst, you can rest assured they definitely used it for some of their games. Not a bad worst case scenario.

Rudy.

Scott,

Contact Rob at authenticgamers.com, I just noticed a 2005 Edgar Renteria with the size and the 0062 tag on his website. I remember he had a Manny 2005 Jersey on his site earlier, I dont recall what type of tagging it had.

Bobby

http://authenticgamers.com/renteria.05.rj.html

Banned

Forum Readers-
    Although there are 2005 Red Sox jerseys in the hobby void of the strip tag, Bobby has once again done a great job providing photos of the 2005 gamers, all WITH strip tags.

Before we jump conclusions, is it possible for Bobby to locate additional photos of players wearing their gamers from 2005 WITHOUT the strip tag showing? If photos are located, we can all stop speculating, and base our beliefs on fact, rather than opinion.

Possibly other Forum Readers can locate game shots as well, showing the Majestic tagging, however, void of the strip tagging.

Likewise, can the same be done for 2005 Braves jerseys?

Any help is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I have been in communication with Scott via email, but I thought I'd also post my response here in the forum. It is my understanding that those Red Sox jerseys found without a year tag were used early in the 2005 season, or issued to players that might have been called up or acquired during the season. It appears as though most Red Sox jerseys in 2005 had the year strip tag in the tail, but a jersey void of that tagging isn't automatically bad or questionable. Anyone who has had a lot of experience with current Majestic jerseys knows that it is extremely dangerous to paint with broad strokes. At best, this company has been consistently inconsistent with regard to tagging.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Banned

I agree with Rob, Majestic tagging is all over the board, however, let's reference Bobby's amazing photos in his earlier post that clearly indicates a strip tag was used on the Red Sox 2005 jerseys.

I ask that Bobby or a fellow reader locate and post photos of ANY 2005 Red Sox jersey VOID of the Majestic strip tag. We now know that the Sox/Majestic did employ this tag. Can we prove via photos that the Sox also used shirts void of the tag?

Homework, folks. Let's base our posts on facts, and in this case, photographic proof.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Considering the scarcity of photos that reveal the actual tagging on a jersey on a player's back on the field, I think posting ANY photos like this would be most beneficial to collectors (regardless or year, team, or player).