Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Radtke Sports, Gridiron Authentics...

radtke sports and gridiron authentics, both prolific ebayers, currently have "game issue" favre helmets for sale on ebay - and you gotta love their item descriptions...

radtke sports:

"...many unique game features include: packer's custom pearl-metallic "packer gold" paint, usa tribute flag, clear warning decal..."
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTO...QQcmdZViewItem

gridiron authentics:

"...many unique game features include: packer's custom pearl-metallic "packer gold" paint.... usa tribute flag..."
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTO...QQcmdZViewItem

hmmm....

radtke goes on to describe his item as a "brett favre autographed 2004 game issue helmet" which is particularly interesting considering the helmet he's hawking is a riddell vsr4 model which favre doesn't wear - favre wears an older riddell model which can be easily verified in photos. these older riddell models were fitted with small plastic posts that held the interior padding in place and these posts were easily visible on the outside of the helmet given they protruded through the helmet shell. riddell replaced these small plastic posts with velcro when they introduced the vsr4 model, which is what radtke is selling, thereby eliminating the need to drill the shell for posts. as such, you won't see any post holes in the vsr4 model - post holes which are very evident on favre's helmet.

even our favorite crook, lambeauleeper, was smart enough not to dress up a vsr4 helmet and try to pass it off on ebay as a favre game issue helmet when he was hawking his versions of "game issued brett favre helmets, issued to brett favre for on-field game use...". but lambeauleeper missed the boat as well given that he also dressed up the wrong riddell model.

gridiron authentics not only has a "game issue" favre helmet listed on ebay but now also has a "tom brady 2001 patriots game issue helmet" with a starting price of $985. ga descibes the brady listing as a "...tom brady new england patriots game issue helmet from the 2001 season and specifically the game against the Jets... helmet is extremely rare. it is not a home-made or 'rigged' piece..."

this item description is more than laughable especially given that this offering is exactly what ga says it's not - "a home-made... rigged piece..." the facemask is incorrect, the chinstrap is incorrect and the patriot side decals aren't even close to being positioned correctly - many seasoned ebay helmet reproducers have offered much more accurate brady reproductions in the past without the "game issue" nonsense and the hefty price tag. apparently gridiron authentics feels the 911 memorial decal they've included adds about $800 to the worth of this weak reproduction.

i must say, however, that i was at least happy to see that ga made it a point to state brady never wore this helmet and made a better effort to describe it as "customized" which wasn't the case with the favre helmet - i would also like to think that my emails to ga concerning the favre helmet may have had something to do with this but who knows. one thing is certain, the responses i did receive from ga regarding the favre helmet were so mind numbingly ridiculous given their absurd double-talk that i was not left with an impression of honesty. so absurd was the bs in these responses that i don't feel comfortable posting them here as it would be tremendously embarrassing for ga - but if anyone is that interested please pm me and i will send them to you.

Banned

Re: Radtke Sports, Gridiron Authentics...

As someone who has defended both companies here (although I too have expressed disappointment to Rick Radtke over his abuse of the term "game issue"), I'm most interested in hearing the full story and your uncensored views. E-mail is mvandor@simpworld.com

Up until now, I have been of the impression that GA's game issued items were legit, however, you're calling them into question now so I'd appreciate the scoop.

BTW, for the record, I have never purchased anything sold as "game issued" from either party.

Banned

Could not find a Brady pic from the 2001 Jets game but found this for some comparison. Only discrepancy I picked up was the rear bumper font.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/view...160-b296e&sp=1

Interestingly, it appeared this is before Brady was starting, all shots on Getty showed Bledsoe at QB.

Banned

Did locate this 2001 pic of Brady and I would concur it LOOKS like the GA has a soft chinstrap with incorrect Riddell lettering as compared to this one. I don't see the facemask issue you cite though...

We are not trying to mislead anyone by the the "Game Issued" statement. The NFL teams give the athletes 2 helmets a year, one to wear on the field and one as a back-up. I guess the back-up you can call a "Game Issue". Which in this business is a very loose term considering what passes as "Game Issues". If we received one of the back-ups issued to Favre or any other player of his stature it would be much higher in price than $500.00 price tag. We will be changing the descriptions to "Game Style" helmets from now on. The differences as you see in the "Game Style" helmet were created because a lot of collectors want all the decals, facemasks, and chin straps that their favorite players wear. Unfortunatley, Ridell does not sell Regular Pro-Lines with the decals or facemasks like that to the general public. Thus, creating a market for helmets to be altered to accomadate the collector who wants something a bit more like what Favre is wearing on the field . We appreciate the feedback and we take it very seriously here. We are available MON-FRI 9AM-6PM EST. Our phone number is readily available if you have questions or concerns.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by radtke View Post
    We are not trying to mislead anyone by the the "Game Issued" statement. The NFL teams give the athletes 2 helmets a year, one to wear on the field and one as a back-up. I guess the back-up you can call a "Game Issue". Which in this business is a very loose term considering what passes as "Game Issues". If we received one of the back-ups issued to Favre or any other player of his stature it would be much higher in price than $500.00 price tag. We will be changing the descriptions to "Game Style" helmets from now on. The differences as you see in the "Game Style" helmet were created because a lot of collectors want all the decals, facemasks, and chin straps that their favorite players wear. Unfortunatley, Ridell does not sell Regular Pro-Lines with the decals or facemasks like that to the general public. Thus, creating a market for helmets to be altered to accomadate the collector who wants something a bit more like what Favre is wearing on the field . We appreciate the feedback and we take it very seriously here. We are available MON-FRI 9AM-6PM EST. Our phone number is readily available if you have questions or concerns.
    Rick, kudos for addressing the issue. I have expressed concerns to you previously by email over your use of the term "game issue" to describe helmets customized to approximate game used helmets issued by the teams. This change is certainly a significant movement toward better "truth in advertising".

Banned

You beat me to the punch. Like I said they are all guilty if not more than lambeauleeper. Favre currently wears a WD-2 at least lambeau had a 1996 WD-1 when he had the Favre Super Bowl 31 lid. From my emails with lambeau he never admitted "dressing" up a Proline like Radtke did (not saying he didn't either). Also lambeau at least got the placement right on his decals and used the correct size. BRADY WEARS A XL HELMET! DUH!!!! Not to defend lambeau but he was THE FIRST to come clean. I will poast more abuse as I see it and appreciate comments. PS mvandor you got a deal from lameau on your charges helmet if your reputable buddy Gridiron Authentics starting bid is $985.00 and claims to have sold his made up helmets signed by Brady for $1,400.00. I guess they're ALL crooks....I wouldn't be surprised if they get all their helmets from the same source. Now this is REAL STUFF...........

Big1Z

I sent you an email at the address you registered with. I got a recept that said you read it. Please write me back ASAP
    Thank you
    Eric
    ecky3@aol.com
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Big1Z

How do you explain the fact that you are posting from the same IP address as 34DD who has been banned from this site.

34DD is also known as lambeauleeper.

Hmm
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Big1Z

How do you explain the fact that you are posting from the same IP address as 34DD who has been banned from this site.

34DD is also known as lambeauleeper.

Hmm
    LOL, exposed again. ***content removed. let's not pile on please***
    Nevertheless, this discussion HAS lead to lambeau cleaning up his language a bit and now Rick Radtke is addressing the issue of misuse of the term "game issue". Now if Gridiron Authentics responds, we'll be 3 for 3 and the collecting hobby will have taken a small step forward.