Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

5 GU Questions with Mark Clayton

Mark Clayton played 11 NFL seasons amassing 582 receptions, 8,974 receiving yards and 84 touchdowns. He was a 5-time Pro Bowler who along with Mark Duper was a member of the Miami Dolphins' famed "Marks Brothers," catching score after score from Dan Marino.

In 2005, when Marino was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, he threw one last TD pass to Mark Clayton.

Mark was kind enough to answer 5 Game Used Questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5 Game Used Questions with Mark Clayton

Q1: What game used pieces from your career do you have in your collection? Tell us about the ones that mean the most to you

MARK CLAYTON: I don't have a collection. I do have the ball Dan Marino tossed me when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. I’m going to get it painted.

Dan Marino throws a pass at his 2005 Hall of Fame Induction
    Mark Clayton is once again on the receiving end
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2: Are there any items that you wish you kept?

MARK CLAYTON: Yes. I wish I would have kept all my TD balls and when I got game balls from the team for having a good game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q3: How many jerseys and helmets would you go through each season?

MARK CLAYTON: I may have used 2, at the most 3 jerseys per season and the same 1 helmet my whole career.

Q4: Have you ever seen one of your pieces at auction? Was it real? How does it make you feel to see your equipment sold?

MARK CLAYTON: No. I have never seen anything of mine at an auction but I have seen something that came from one that wasn't signed by me so you could say it wasn't real

Q5: If you could have game worn jerseys from your 5 favorite receivers and money was no object- who would you get?

MARK CLAYTON:
    Fred Biletnikoff

Jack Snow

Lance Alworth

Paul Warfield

and Don Hutson

Mark Clayton Game Used Items At Auction

Lelands
    May 2003
    Lot 1546. Miami Dolphins Game Worn Jersey Lot (3)
    1)Mark Clayton’s nylon mesh home jersey is screened with his number “83”, in orange and white on the chest, verso, and shoulders. On each sleeve is a Dolphin team logo above the striped trim. “Clayton” crosses the shoulders in white on an aqua nameplate. Tail has been trimmed and side seams have been altered. All tagging has been removed. Strong Use. LOA. Lot sold $1000 which included Clayton, Coleman and Vincent jerseys
    http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=305&lot=1546

(Big thanks to the forum friend who contacted Mark on our behalf.)
    Eric

To enjoy 5 GU Questions with Broncos legend Steve Atwater, go to
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=9238
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: 5 GU Questions with Mark Clayton

Another great interview!

How about a baseball guy next?

We already have a interview with a baseball player ready to go. He's a guy who played for 8 teams here in the states and is currently playing in Japan. I'll let people digest the Mark Clayton piece before posting the next one.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm having a blast doing it.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric, really enjoy these pieces - thanks
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Eric - Now you have to get media credentials as a true journalist. Great questions.

I really enjoyed Mark's answers.

Q3: How many jerseys and helmets would you go through each season?

MARK CLAYTON: I may have used 2, at the most 3 jerseys per season and the same 1 helmet my whole career.
    Andrew

Eric,

These Q&As are absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for putting these together for everyone.

Please also let the forum friend who contacted Mr. Clayton on the forum's behalf that he/she has our thanks as well.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Great idea and questions Eric! Thank you!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Super player and he is a Louisville Cardinal.

we need more of these.

I read this thinking that it was new

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com