Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help With Jose Canseco

Hey Guys! Just need some help from the Canseco experts on the forum. I've been meaning to pick up a nice Canseco gamer and there are 4 now listed up for auction on Ebay. Any thoughts on which one is the more desirable of the bunch and how much should I expect to shell ouy for a gamer of his. Thanks,

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

Re: Help With Jose Canseco

I think the homerun #403 bat is the most desirable. That's just my opinion. It's a gorgeous bat and it has a rare notation being that it's a HR bat. I like the 1992 Mizuno too but the handle crack takes away from it a little.

-Jason M

Thanks for the reply Jason. It is much appreciated. I have my eye on that one as well. I am also partial to Sam bats and there is a super nice looking one in the other link. Anybody have an idea of what the value is on the HR bat is? It's unusual, but I think he might have signed a number of his HR bats and offered them for sale.

I agree with Jason, the HR bat is the best one. 2 of the bats have cracks, so I would stay away from them. I only prefer bats that are uncracked. its a high starting bid, but HR bats don't come along everyday. thanks Dan

Dan, many thanks for your reply... Do you think that the Canseco HR bat is a fair price if I can get it at the $400.00 or do you think that it is a bit high??? I really have no idea how much his gamers sell for let alone a HR gamer.

Thanks,

Tim

Well, it depends. In my opinion the Canseco market is quite volatile. It's subject to shift at a moments notice mainly because of all the steroid stuff. His stuff seems to have expeirienced a little resurgence in the last few years because he was in the news with his book. Canseco has a handfull of hardcore fans that are always buying his stuff no matter what. But the rest of the collecting world might turn sour on him for good after the steroid stuff dies down. You never know how things might play out once the dust has cleared. So I say if you just want the bat for yourself to keep then I think $400 is a fair price for an uncracked HR bat. But, if you are looking to enjoy it for a while and then re-sell it, you may find yourself not being able to even get your money back for it. That's the way I see it anyway.

-Jason M

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Tim

Hey Tim, Jason is right on again. if you want it, because your a fan of Jose then $400 is a good price. theres not many HR bats around. the guy selling it is a good guy, talk to him maybe he can give you a better price. if theres no bids, sometimes the seller will give you a deal. thanks Dan

Cheers gentlemen

-Jason M