Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Bradshaw Beauty...

here's a beautiful reproduction currently listed on ebay - frankly, i don't think it would be possible to find a nicer representation short of bradshaw's actual lid. and, fwiw, the seller waterschas is as good as it gets as well....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6619&rd=1&rd=1

Banned

Re: A Bradshaw Beauty...

$2,000 for a reproduction???

C'mon, man.

This is my favorite line

Unless you already own one, this is the closest you will ever get to a game used Bradshaw helmet without spending thousands

Price $1,995 (which to me is thousands)

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    $2,000 for a reproduction???

C'mon, man.
    sure, it's a reproduction (and refreshingly listed as such) but a pretty special one imo - a completely different animal than the ocean of easy to replicate and readily available cookie-cutter reproductions found today; many which are presented as "game issued" and, in some cases, offered with starting prices as high as $1,000 (see ga's "game issue" brady helmets).

for those like me that are into collecting vintage football helmets, the extremely rare rawlings hnd9 "ridge" helmet is about as good as it gets - even if it's a reproduction. is it worth $2k? imo yes, but that's just my opinion - if it were bradshaw's actual hnd9 ridge with proof of provenance, i suspect it would fetch over $20k.

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps
    This is my favorite line

Unless you already own one, this is the closest you will ever get to a game used Bradshaw helmet without spending thousands

Price $1,995 (which to me is thousands)
    i agree and thought this was worded poorly....

"..is it worth $2k? imo yes, but that's just my opinion - if it were bradshaw's actual hnd9 ridge with proof of provenance, i suspect it would fetch over $20k."

and the eyes of ebay flippers everywhere light up.

save those pics. i'm hard pressed to believe this helmet won't end up at an auction house in the next 6 months as "the finest bradshaw gamer to hit the market".

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    sure, it's a reproduction (and refreshingly listed as such) but a pretty special one imo - a completely different animal than the ocean of easy to replicate and readily available cookie-cutter reproductions found today; many which are presented as "game issued" and, in some cases, offered with starting prices as high as $1,000 (see ga's "game issue" brady helmets).

for those like me that are into collecting vintage football helmets, the extremely rare rawlings hnd9 "ridge" helmet is about as good as it gets - even if it's a reproduction. is it worth $2k? imo yes, but that's just my opinion - if it were bradshaw's actual hnd9 ridge with proof of provenance, i suspect it would fetch over $20k.
    I'm in agreement with aeneas01....sure it's a reproduction, but it's EXTREMELEY rare and imo, well worth it!!! I would rather have this than the Bradshaw Maxpro that was sold recently on Ebay through Heritage Auctions. The was alleged to be game worn, but from what I know about a Maxpro Bradshaw, I did not like it for a game used helmet....just my thoughts...

Looks good, but that price seems a little steep.

I can understand wanting a replica that is very close to the real deal. I've seen some offerings from mask makers who can create vintage goalie masks that look almost exactly like the original. Original Cheevers & Parent masks have each fetched around $20,000 in the past few years. But you can get a hand made copy for around $500. I would think there is substantially more craftsmanship going into a hand made fiberglass mask than simply matching up grills and stickers on a helmet.

Banned

All I can say to you guys that see a copy of ANY helmet being worth $2,000 is you have WAY too much money, you've definitely lost all sense of value!

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    All I can say to you guys that see a copy of ANY helmet being worth $2,000 is you have WAY too much money, you've definitely lost all sense of value!
    I have to disagree....you don't understand how RARE this helmet is...there are vintage helmets that are just RARE and this is one of them. I know the price is steep, but imo it correlates to the rarity of the helmet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    I have to disagree....you don't understand how RARE this helmet is...there are vintage helmets that are just RARE and this is one of them. I know the price is steep, but imo it correlates to the rarity of the helmet.
    We'll see, thus far zero bids, only one offer (at obviously a lower price).