Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Walter Payton gamer on eBay

Just read the item description. This one is truly priceless....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-Walter-Payt...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Walter Payton gamer on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie J. Gernay
    This one is truly priceless....
    I agree. Looks like a great jersey!

12 hours ago the description said it was made by Mitchell & Ness. Now it says Wilson. Did anyone from our group let him know what Mitchell and Ness makes?

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3
    12 hours ago the description said it was made by Mitchell & Ness. Now it says Wilson. Did anyone from our group let him know what Mitchell and Ness makes?
    I emailed him and explained this in detail to the seller. Suddenly it is now a Wilson jersey. I'm curious to see if I had told him Payton only wore Starter if he would have said the jersey was now made by Starter in the description.

Banned

Think maybe the jersey needs to be removed from the frame so more photos can be provided?

Besides the tagging confusion it scares the heck out of me seeing fresh dirt stain on the numbers. How many vintage football jerseys have I ever see that were offered "unwashed" that were real?? O

After further review of this jersey it is obvious there are other concerns with the jersey.

Namely the font of the box top "A" on the back being most obvious although the entire NOB appears inconsistent with other exemplars. The name on the eBay auction PAYTON jersey appears to be wider rather than the taller, slimmer style shown in other examples. Depending on how good your eyes are, it can also be noticed in the "0" as the eBay photo is much wider or open than the other examples. I have checked my extensive library of Walter Payton photos and pictures I was unable to find a shot of him wearing this style "A" font or that style font all together. Notice the 3 pictures below:

1. The 1985 Walter Payton game used jersey as offered on eBay.
    2. A rear shot of Walter pre-game of an Oct. 6th 1085 game vs. Tampa Bay.
    3. Photo collage of a mid 80's Payton gamer recently auctioned off in an AMI auction which fetched 8K+.

This might indeed be a Mitchell & Ness Payton jersey as originally derscribed in the auction before it was changed. Seems like there is much to be desired regarding this unwashed jersey. You be the judge.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The seller has ended the auciton due to "an error in the listing."

Unbelievable........now it has been relisted as a PRIVATE AUCTION.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8751759680

Bernie,

Don't be shouting "unbelievable" when you yourself sold (on eBay) a Doctored store bought Erving Sixers jersey to some rube for $300+, that was presented as a game issued jersey. And you can't plead ingorance because I immediately emailed you (the seller) to let you know exactly what you had. Of course, I received no reply.

Why don't you comment on that auction listing? It's been on this board for more than a few weeks.

Greg