Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questionable Scott Brosius 2000 World Series HR jersey in American Memorabilia.....

Currently in the American Memorabilia auction, there is a Scott Brosius game worn jersey supposidly from his homerun hit in the 2000 World Series. When compared to a picture of him running the bases after hitting the homerun, you can clearly see the the pinstripes do not match up at all. The pinstripes on the jersey in the auction are about an inch farther to the right than the pinstripes in the WS picture.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=37086

Banned

Re: Questionable Scott Brosius 2000 World Series HR jersey in American Memorabilia.....

Kyle I have to disagree with you, at the same time though the actual picture of Brosius is a little bit small so it is hard to tell but from what it looks like if you follow the pinstripes on Brosius left side going up to the NY logo it looks like they match.
    I could be wrong though, just going by the pics you provided.

Re: Questionable Scott Brosius 2000 World Series HR jersey in American Memorabilia.....

All,

I think Kyle is correct. I thought that what I saw was the pinstripe splitting the "Y" in half in the Getty photo. When blown up, that is exactly what is happening. The AMI Brosius jersey has the pinstripes in the wrong place.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The pinstripes do not match.

Banned

TnT good eye I was actually looking at the bottom of the NY where the pinstripes meet. If you look there they do match, but your right at the top they don't.
    Interesting!!! which means the NY logo was applied to one of the Jerseys which was a little off.
    As I mentioned if you notice the bottom of the logo on both Jerseys match.

Could be the AMI Jersey may be really be a Game Issued

Suave,

The ;letter with it from Steiner states it is game used so there goes the game issued theory...Maybe you can find out from your Steiner connections the answer?

Thanks,
    Dave

Players have more than one of each style for a World Series right? My understanding is there always at least two of a style, in case a backup is needed for whatever reason. I own one Yankees World Series jersey and it shows a ton of use so I think teams give players one new jersey and put a patch on a regular season jersey to have a backup. And the one used each game just depends on which one the player grabs, or if the equipment guy hangs one up outside the locker it just depends on which one he grabs.
    I would also venture a guess that a lot of players, especially on the winning team, or for personal reasons, keep one of the jerseys.
    I know for example that I read that Paul O'Neill kept his last white jersey from the 2001 World Series, even made a comment about liking how it had dirt on it and that is how a jersey should be, yet Steiner sold a white one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
    Players have more than one of each style for a World Series right? My understanding is there always at least two of a style, in case a backup is needed for whatever reason.
    I think the issue here is not the jersey. I would accept the fact that the AMI jersey is a real Brosius World Series jersey. It has the right tagging. It has rock solid provenance.

The problem with this jersey specifically is the fact that it is being marketed as THE jersey Brosius hit the home run with... which is false.

This is the difference between buying the jersey worn during a significant moment and one worn at some other time. Apples and oranges. And the price that it is going for right now reflects a serious premium, attributable to THAT moment.

Just a brief follow-up. I phoned AMI to point out the problem with the description for the jersey. I explained to them that what they have is a real Brosius World Series Yankees-Steiner jersey. What they don't have is the jersey he wore to hit the home run, as the photos of him hitting the home run show him in a slightly different jersey. They told me that they would look into it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Suave,

The ;letter with it from Steiner states it is game used so there goes the game issued theory...Maybe you can find out from your Steiner connections the answer?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hello Dave,

Well the Game Issued theory is not completely out the window but there has been other variables brought up here whcih could also be the answer such as it being a back up Jersey and also being used during the series.

To question Steiner, I don't know if they would be able to give any more of a different answer here then has already been provided. Steiner as far as I know tries to make the best possible judgement given the information by the Yankees.

Also the question here is, was it the actual Jersey worn for the big moment which Steiner doesn't claim it to be, AMI does!!!

So the questions really need to be directed towards AMI which TnT has already taken the proper steps to do so.