Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Can anyone help find a photo for me?

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    go to getty images ((put your mouse over editorial , then click on sports)) and then type in Miguel Cabrera All Star , I see three at-bat pics from 2007 and other AS games

sorry I forgot to leave step by step for the newbie ... HA Ha

just kidding , welcome aboard !

Thank you also. I seriously am lacking in the online/seach skills. I'm learning as I go. I will try what you just said. Thanks again!

I'm officially putting myself in the corner and wearing my dunce cap I did exactly as you said and still only came up with 2 pics of 2007 ASG, and they were from the 9th's photoshoot. I also sent you a PM Cam.

Well, thanks for everyones help. Between here and one other board I was able to determine that the bat Miguel Cabrera used in his 2007 ASG ab was NOT a Zinger model bat.

It appears I was almost taken for a ride.

The bat I was moments away from purchasing is a Zinger and appears to has very light use w/ a heavily taped handle. The seller told me, "I actually saw him use the same bat with tape at the All Star game."

Now that does not directly say, "He used this bat". But it is at the very least deceptive wording and very misleading.

Thanks for your time and trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlins2003 View Post
    Well, thanks for everyones help. Between here and one other board I was able to determine that the bat Miguel Cabrera used in his 2007 ASG ab was NOT a Zinger model bat.

It appears I was almost taken for a ride.

The bat I was moments away from purchasing is a Zinger and appears to has very light use w/ a heavily taped handle. The seller told me, "I actually saw him use the same bat with tape at the All Star game."

Now that does not directly say, "He used this bat". But it is at the very least deceptive wording and very misleading.

Thanks for your time and trouble.
    If you don't mind me asking.What other board do you speak of?
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    If you don't mind me asking.What other board do you speak of?
    jon

It's just a Marlins fan board.

Looks like Cabrera could of used the zinger in the home run derby. is it red and black with a white stripe in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by minorsbatking07 View Post
    Looks like Cabrera could of used the zinger in the home run derby. is it red and black with a white stripe in the middle?

He wasn't in the 07 HR Derby. This was supposedly used during his 1 at-bat in the 07 ASG. The pics show a black one tone bat, maybe a LVS. The seller is saying the Zinger he has was used during the ASG.

I've thought about it all day and even if I was mistaken and he meant the 2004, 2005 or 2006 ASG....I can't find pics of him using a taped handled Zinger in any of the ASG's, only the 2007 ASG (but again, not a Zinger). Again, I will say that I may still be mistaken and there may be pics that I just have missed.

So far, this is leading me to believe the seller saw the same pic that was used here (with the taped handle and hard to distingish the exact bat model) and figured since Cabrera primarily uses Zingers, that he would just be able to get away with saying his taped handled Zinger was the one from the 07 ASG.

If this is true, it's sad how low some people will stoop just for a sale. Though the verdict isn't 100% in yet. I will continue to ask him questions and see if I can get a definative answer as to the bats use.