Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lampson to be at the National?

I checked the updated listing of dealers and businesses who will be at the National in Cleveland next month, and on line #196 is the following.

"Louis Lampson -- American Memorablilia/Lou Lampson -- Las Vegas, NV -- booths 413P, 512P, 508P"

Just figured I'd give everyone the heads up on that.

Re: Lampson to be at the National?

Let's get 'em

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Let's get 'em
    Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room.
    I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?

Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.

Now that would be worth the trip just to watch

I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

"Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Please snap a few pics so BTPH has an alternative head shot for his PS fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Eric,

Sometimes I think we are fraternal twins. I was going to say exactly the same thing.

I trust if anyone does meet Lou at the National it would be in a non-confrontational manner with the intent to benefit the hobby.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ripkengamers View Post
    I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

"Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!
    Great idea. Bring the green ripken jersey and ask him in person how he came up with his findings
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...