Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Lets see what you knuckleheads look like.I'll start...

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Tony,
    I took a quick look at the photo with Killebrew and thought... Wow...for a classic slugger, he looks awfully small! Just how tall are you???
    Nick

PS- (to all) mine to come when I'm home...no photos on this machine to attach.
    I'm six feet tall

Road Trip to Boston !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    There are some things I'm looking forward to retiring from the military. What I won't miss is young peoples attitudes, compared to 20 years ago. It's amazing. They don't hesitate to speak their minds, complain, and question authority, etc. Discipline isn't what it use to be. Seems we (senior leadership) are here more to hold their hands and do everything from them.
    3arod13

Not to worry. I too had the same complaints about the neophytes but when you really think about it, it's their world now so let them make the calls. Why should we worry? We did our time. Yes, there were some bumps along the way but basically we survived somewhat intact (mentally and physically) but now it's time to go.

As for holding hands, that is reserved for our family members. On your last day, salute your C.O., make an about face and walk out the door with your head up. Believe me, there really is another life out there and it's all good.

Jim

Banned

Well, here I am showing off my Big Red Machine bat collection. Now we got a skin head to go along with the hippie that started this thread-lol.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    At a game with 3 of my older sons.
    Attachment 6258

I am in the far left seat watching Barry jack out Career HR 706 at RFK in 2005.

Attachment 6257

Man! I was at that game...3rd base line...it was a BOMB!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Who wants to trade places with my son? Taken in the Press Box of last years Cal Ripken World Series in Aberdeen...

Is it me...or does Billy have the look of " Marsha! Marsha Marsha!! "

Quote Originally Posted by jboosted92 View Post
    Is it me...or does Billy have the look of " Marsha! Marsha Marsha!! "
    It's you

Quote Originally Posted by jboosted92 View Post
    Man! I was at that game...3rd base line...it was a BOMB!
    I knew the instant Bonds swung it was gone. I Tivo'd the game and took the photo of myself in the background off of the TV when I got home. They showed that same clip on ESPN a dozen times as it was one of the furthest balls ever hit to rightfield in RFK.

If you remember, Barry was injured most of the year and only played in 14 games in 2005.

I bought about 20 extra tickets in Section 467 in the outfield for my son's baseball team and other friends and the HR ball sailed over their heads in Section 468 and bounced off several people and seats and rolled down right next to one of the seats I purchased. A guy sitting right behind them ended up with the ball.

If Barry goes back into a slump, he comes back to Washington on August 31st---maybe he hits 756 in DC.

Name:  bonds_HR_9_20_05c.JPG
Views: 1604
Size:  148.0 KB

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    3arod13

Not to worry. I too had the same complaints about the neophytes but when you really think about it, it's their world now so let them make the calls. Why should we worry? We did our time. Yes, there were some bumps along the way but basically we survived somewhat intact (mentally and physically) but now it's time to go.

As for holding hands, that is reserved for our family members. On your last day, salute your C.O., make an about face and walk out the door with your head up. Believe me, there really is another life out there and it's all good.

Jim
    Jim, thanks! Great words and I appreciate your positive attitude. There's no question the tears will roll the day of my retirement. The many retirements I went to over the years, many thank those who worked for them and who they worked for. I too will give thanks and appreciate to those also, but most of all, I will praise my hero and mentor...MY MOM!

She raised 10 kids by herself (I was the 4th oldest of 10) when my Dad left. He never help financial and never looked back. She was on welfare, went to Syracuse University and got her Masters Degree, got off welfare, and gave us a good live. Never grew up with her complaining or slamming our Dad. She taught us well with her words of wisdom and that is why I am the man today. Yes, the tears will flow.

Again, thanks for the words and I do look forward to that day.

Regards, Tony

Thought I would share 3 more pics:

1. Me sitting in the Yankees dugout
    2. Me and Jessica Simpson (ha ha)
    3. Me calling Derek Jeter out (ha ha)

These were taken last year during our visit to New York. Born and raised in Update New York (Syracuse), but I love New York City