Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pujols Sam Bat listed on ebay ! what do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood View Post
    I must be missing something. I have the sellers feedback at 100%.
    Click on fakingit, er, wearingitagain's feedback number. The buyer of the Pujols bat has filed a dispute.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Hi YW,
    Click on sellers feedback and see where the winning bidder originally left positive feedback and has added a comment to sellers feedback . Good luck getting your money back (to the winning bidder), I hope you used paypal......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

OK, now I see it. When this stuff is obviously bad, like this bat, I'll try to send the bidder a heads up. The trouble is, sometimes ebay does not allow the message to go through. And then something like this happens and it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    WOW That's not even close!

Look at the last feedback left (for the Pujols bat). Seller left positive feedback, but then must have found the bat wasn't authentic and filed a dispute. You can see the followup comment on the sellers feedback.

I received an e-mail from the buyer of this bat Saturday morning asking for my opinion. Told her it was too bad she didn't write to me before buying the bat. Pointed her toward this thread and elaborated on the bat's shortcomings. Also gave her a link to jdaddy05's old feedback page so she could see the negatives (she assumed he was safe since his current feedback was 100%). She wrote back later to say she was filing a claim with eBay and PayPal.

Just received the email from the winner:

I realized that the model number and type of bat typical with SAM bats were missing from the barrel. So I emailed Jeff Scott with birdsbat, who is an expert in authenticating St. Louis players' game used bats--especially Pujols. He looked at the photos from my listing and emphatically declared that the bat was a fake. And that the lettering that remained on the barrel was in block style not italics which is how SAM labels their bats. The ends of the SAM bat normally displays identifying marks of that player's bat--well both ends of the bat were painted over and the number 5 was written over it in a silver sharpie--not characteristic of how Albert numbers his bats. Also, that bat has been listed several times on ebay, sold and then re-listed because the transaction fell through. I am fortunate I caught it--too bad I didn't find out before the sale. The seller intends to refund my money. J

I emailed the seller and told him that he should be ashamed of himself for trying to sell this fake bat.......here is his response:

"I have already gotten one ebayer kickedoff for harrassment and if you dont quit this I will do whatever it takes to get the same action taken against you. These people who are out there trying togang up on us have a rude awakening coming. Why dont you guys get a life and worry aboutyour own business instead of spending all your time trying to find peopleto annoy.
    Oh and if I ever recieve another email from youI will take the same action against you that Itook against thefirst guy... get ready to kiss your eBay account goodbye"

Banned

Vintage Deputy...you should respond to this idiot by saying no problem, it is easy to set-up another account, just like you did when you got all of the negatives with your last account.