Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jose Canseco game used 1989 World series hat

Here's my latest pick up. This hat was originally sold to Alan Rosen aka "Mr MINT" BY MLB umpire Eric Gregg. The story goes that Gregg asked Jose for the hat right after the last out in Game 4 as Jose was running into the infield to celebrate winning the series. Gregg was somewhere between first and second base. If you watch the World series highlight video by the time Jose makes it to the infield celebration he is without his hat. Is has some good sweat stains on it and it has the number 33 written on the inside of the bill. I''m pretty excited about this one.

Here's the hat

And here's Jose celebrating sans hat.

-Jason M

Re: Jose Canseco game used 1989 World series hat

What an awsome pick up. Congrats! Is this considered a "photo match" then?
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

waht happened with this?

Are you refering to the fact that only one other person replied to the thread besides you? He he. I don't know, I think it's just becuse the picture isn't all that great. It just looks like any old hat that you could buy at the mall. I'm pretty certain it's the real deal though. About a certain as you can be without having been there.

-Jason M