Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Ebayer Williemays660

I have his email if you need it. He has some great Giant's jerseys-tons. Email me:
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

I know Mike, even met him once. He's a good guy, who is tired, as well as others, including myself, of fake jerseys being auctioned off from these on line auction houses. I nearly got burned three years ago from an on line auction house, that does business in Nevada; if it wasn't from the help of Lon and Mike. I've known Lon Lewis for many years. He lived in the SF Bay Area and saw him quite often. We still talk on the phone since he moved to another state. Lon and the late great Dick Dobbins were very good friends, and Lon does excellent restoration work, and did a lot of work for Dick. Lon and Mike are straight up people. Anyone who questions the integrity of Mike and Lon, obviously don't know either one of them very well.

I've known Mike Quick for a long time. He is a good guy with a lot of knowledge on Giants and A's items and much more. I am sure that he had his reasons for making those statements on his website.

Instead of inquiring in this Forum about Mike's views, why not ask him directly? Perhaps it's threads like this that he finds irritating about this Forum. But it's not my place to speculate what Mike or anyone else is thinking. If I really wanted to know, I would simply pick up the telephone or send an email and ask.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    I've known Mike Quick for a long time. He is a good guy with a lot of knowledge on Giants and A's items and much more. I am sure that he had his reasons for making those statements on his website.
    Hello Mark,

In all fairness, Mike Quick has not participated on this site since March of 2005 (more than two years ago). Since bringing the forum onto this site, Eric, Rob and I have worked very hard to implement new rules that have helped the forum evolve quite a bit since when he was posting.

As with anything, these comments need to be viewed in context. I also feel confident in saying that I think his experience would be a different one if he were posting today.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Chris,

All that I was attempting to convey in my previous post is that anyone who wants to know Mike's views should direct the question to him instead of speculating in this Forum, especially since he can easily be contacted through his website.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    All that I was attempting to convey in my previous post is that anyone who wants to know Mike's views should direct the question to him instead of speculating in this Forum, especially since he can easily be contacted through his website.
    don't want to beat this thing into the ground but, given that i started this thread, i would just like to add that imo mike made his views pretty clear on his website (which i quoted). and it was because of these views that i thought i would ask the forum for it's take on the matter.

but i'm glad to hear he's a stand up guy and well-regarded by more than a few forum members because, as i mentioned in my original post, it appears that he does have some interesting and valuable info regarding game used items on his site...