X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BPH32
    • Nov 2005

Re: Question for the community

Hello sports fans,
    I am the guy which this "person" is talking about. I wanted to let the dust settle a little before responding, hopefully calm down a little and see how deep he would dig himself. So far he has called me a liar (more than once), a swindler, dishonest, a child (in an email), questioned my gender (again in an email), greedy (well maybe I am a little), low and pathetic. Did I leave anything out ?
    No matter what he says this is all because I wouldn't sell him a bat at the price he wants to pay. All of this bull over a 50.00 dollar difference of opinion on a bat. Through out this potential transaction I was not rude, I sent him pictures, I answered questions, I reduced my price and I wanted to sell him the bat until he called my integrity into question. I told him no to his offer numerous times but he would not give up and it did no good at all ( I don't know how many emails he sent but it was several and I was definitely loosing patience). I considered the deal dead. During this time he first said Cabrera bats were worth no more than around 250.00 then that he had never seen one sell for more than 300.00 then that they were worth no more than 300.00-350.00 (for a regular bat). Was he trying to mislead me on values to get me to lower my price ? You decide. To his main point my saying that I had sold Cabrera bats in the 400.00-500.00 price range ( I actually sold one for 550.00 and one for 645.00 over the years) was in response to his saying he had never seen one sell for over 300.00 not to get him to pay my price as he had said numerous times he would not and by this point I would have cut up the bat into wood chips before selling it to him. I suggested that he be patient and maybe he would find one in his price range and that I didn't doubt it that he could. If he took it differently than I intended, which I doubt, then he was just plain wrong. He asked me to prove it by producing auction results, which I wouldn't have done anyway, but none of the ones I sold were in auctions at least not in the last year or so that I can remember. We also sell from our website and through Sports Collectors Digest which I pointed out to him. So what should I do after this person has called me a liar waste more time on a dead deal by going back through my order books for the last 5 years to find an order then give him the guys name and phone number so he can pester them. No I won't do that to my customers. If people think that is a problem or that I am "hiding" something so be it. I don't owe this guy a thing.
    I did nothing wrong in this deal at all. I would hope most people would take my word on something but if you want to believe this guy then that is your choice. End of story and my last comment on it at least in this venue.
    Mr. Kim Alan Stigall
    Ball Park Heroes

Comment

• sarahsdad
      Banned
      • Aug 2006

Mr. Stigall:
      Thank you for taking the time to point out the other side of the story. I have read this banter back and forth and once I found out that you were the "Liar" that is all it took for me. I have had several dealings with you and have discussed you, as a dealer, with other collectors. And most, if not all of those I have had discussions with all agree on one thing: You have more credibility in this hobby then most. You are fair. You are honest. You certainly cannot please everyone and I know firsthand that you will do whatever you can to make a deal happen. I enjoy doing business with you and would not hesitate to make a purchase from you.
      Sarahsdad

Comment

• eGameUsed
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Kim,

Sounds like this individual has a lot to learn about the business side of the hobby. I think it is fair to negotiate and "wheel-and-deal," but this guy took it to far. He has no idea of your cost on the item, your overhead, eBay seller fees, advertising fees, etc.

Marlins2003,

Why don't you post your name or contact information on your posts? Also, have you ever heard the phrase "An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay." There is no price guide for game used memorabilia. BTW, I have a brand new, unused Cabrera bat I will sell you for $200. I also have a heaily used, autographed model, with some inscriptions written around the Zinger logo that I will sell for $800. Are you interested!

That is all for my opinion!

Comment

• sarahsdad
          Banned
          • Aug 2006

Chris:
          I may be interested in the bat. please provide details.
          Sarahsdad

Comment

• sarahsdad
            Banned
            • Aug 2006

The unused bat. Sorry,
            Sarahsdad

Comment

• hblakewolf
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Sounds extremely familiar to the writing "style" of banned Forum poster Zimmerman11, who is actually Jason Adair. Kim Stigall,can you please identify who this individual is, or better yet, can Marlins2003 sign his posts with his actual name and email address?

Howard Wolf
              hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• sarahsdad
                Banned
                • Aug 2006

Howard:
                You are correct. It is Jason Adair.
                Sarahsdad

Comment

• BPH32
                  • Nov 2005

He identified himself as Jason Adair.

Comment

• ironmanfan
                    • Sep 2005

Good pick up Howard....

Has Jason faxed a copy of his latest bank statement to you yet??

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                      Paid Users
                      • Jan 1970

Hello Everyone,

As an FYI, Marlins2003 has also now been banned from the forum given that user name was associated with someone who was already banned previously.

On a separate note that has relevance to this thread, I will add that my experiences, as well as the opinions I have received, in relation to Kim Stigell have been nothing but positive.

Sincerely,
                      Chris Cavalier
                      Christopher Cavalier
                      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• hblakewolf
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

[quote=ironmanfan;46830]Good pick up Howard....

Has Jason faxed a copy of his latest bank statement to you yet??[/quote]

Although Jason never provided a copy of his bank statement to me, I did receive this rather odd email, with another one that followed seeking to actually purchase my Cabrera WBC jersey!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Adair" <ryanzimmerman11@msn.com>
                        To: <hblakewolf@patmedia.net>
                        Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:42 PM
                        Subject: Re: Formal Apology

> I honestly couldn't give a rats ass about some of those pompous, arrogant
                        > pricks on GUU. They seems to like to make someones day miserable just for
                        > fun. However, I did want to clear the air between you and I.
                        >
                        > I made and judgement call and as far as I can tell...I was wrong.
                        >
                        > For that, I apologize.
                        >
                        >
                        > Take care,
                        > Jason
                        >
                        >
                        > >From: "Howard Wolf" <hblakewolf@patmedia.net>
                        > >To: "Jason Adair" <ryanzimmerman11@msn.com>
                        > >Subject: Re: Formal Apology
                        > >Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:19:25 -0400
                        > >
                        > >Jason-
                        > >The honorable thing to do would be to make it to those who read your other
                        > >posts-the Forum and Beckett readers. How about extending it to those who
                        > >may have read your prior posts on both sites?
                        > >
                        > >Howard
                        > >----- Original Message -----
                        > >From: "Jason Adair" <ryanzimmerman11@msn.com>
                        > >To: <hblakewolf@patmedia.net>
                        > >Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:09 PM
                        > >Subject: Formal Apology
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > > Howard,
                        > > >
                        > > >
                        > > > I owe you a formal apology. I'm truly sorry for jumping to conclussions
                        > > > concering the authenticity of items you are/were selling.
                        > > >
                        > > >
                        > > > I am still learning who's who in this side (game used) of the sports
                        > > > industry. It seems as though I latched on to a few collectors/dealers
                        > >that
                        > >I
                        > > > thought were good guys and I focused on a few that I thought were not so
                        > > > good.
                        > > >
                        > > > It seems I made a grave mistake in judgement concerning you. From what I
                        > >can
                        > > > see you are an upstanding seller.
                        > > >
                        > > >
                        > > > Please accepts my sincerest apology.
                        > > >
                        > > >
                        > > > Regards,
                        > > > Jason Adair
                        > > >
                        > > > __________________________________________________ _______________
                        > > >
                        > >http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotma...M_mini_2G_0507
                        > > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        >
                        > __________________________________________________ _______________
                        > http://newlivehotmail.com
                        >

Comment

• autographedgamers
                          • Feb 2006

I think that there are many cases where there are not really clear values for certain items. You can see a vladimir guerrero unsigned game used xbat is being sold on ebay this hour for 550. I paid 400 for my Guerrero signed rookie bat from 1997. I have sold some bats for 1500 and the identical bat for 700 one year later. It all depends on the deal and the time. Anyhow, I don't think you are out of line if you truly were considering the item at his/her price.

Comment

• G1X
                            • Nov 2005

All I have to say about this is that Kim Stigall (Ball Park Heroes) is one of the finest in the business. I have had nothing but very positive dealings with him over the years. A first-class gentleman who is about as easy-going as it gets.

Mark Hayne
                            Gridiron Exchange

Comment

• allstarsplus
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
                              Hello Everyone,

As an FYI, Marlins2003 has also now been banned from the forum given that user name was associated with someone who was already banned previously.

Sincerely,
                              Chris Cavalier
                              Chris, I emailed you and Eric and others this morning with my suspicions on this person and I never heard back from either of you.

It is a shame that this couldn't have been shut down sooner.

Isn't there system safeguards so this doesn't happen again?

Andrew
                              Regards,
                              Andrew Lang
                              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                              202-716-8500

Comment

• metsbats
                                • Nov 2005

I resisted the temptation to be part of the original thread because it was clear to me the buyer was not playing with a full deck.

I just have to add it's a shame that a respectable dealer like Kim Stigall has to tolerate abuse like this.

Unfortunately it's folks like Marlins2003 or whoever he really is that give the forum a bad name.

-David
                                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...