Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Primer on Russell Tagging - 1992-2005

Hello, I was wondering if a jersey had the correct tagging, but was missing the year tag, such as the year "2000" was missing, would that indicate it was a retail jersey.

Thanks,
    Russell

russell,

on mlb russell jerseys, the use of year tags or strip tags are up to the discretion of the individual team. some teams used them, some don't. this can vary every year. what specific team and year are you referring to?

rudy.

I am looking at a Kansas City Royals Jersey that has tagging that matches the year 2000.

Thanks for the help,
    Russell

russell,

the primer in this thread was solely meant to show different versions of the manufacturer's tag, not of any strip tags. as i said, strip tags are up to the discretion of the individual teams.

that said, i don't believe the kansas city royals used any strip/year tag on their jerseys in 2000. if you can post pics of your jersey, people on this forum could add more insight.

rudy.

Lightbulb Re: Primer on Russell Tagging - 1992-2005

I've seen a Red Sox jersey from 2004 and the year font was large and blocky (it almost takes up the whole year tag), not the typical small type font you normally see... is this legit?!?

Thanks

Banned

Would anyone out there have the Russell tagging for vintage professional football jerseys from the late 1960's through the 1980's?

If so, could you please post them.

Thanx

Banned

Lightbulb 1991 Russell MLB jerseys

Although the Russell MLB uniform contract began in 1992, there are a few 1991 Russell gamers in the hobby. Russell issued some of the Braves BP jerseys in 1991, and a few "test" jerseys worn briefly by players in 1991 exist. None of these have the R sleeve logo. The test jersey I am aware of include a Bobby Bonilla Pirates, a Jack Morris Twins and one other whose player/team combo escapes my mind at the moment.

Dave Miedema

Banned
    Was this one a Manny Ramirez?
    Dave M.

Banned

Exclamation Manny Ramirez 2004 Bosox jersey

The previous post was in response to dafivehole.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    the primer in this thread was solely meant to show different versions of the manufacturer's tag, not of any strip tags. as i said, strip tags are up to the discretion of the individual teams.
    The Colorado Rockies are a PRIME example of this. Even jerseys from the SAME year for the Rockies have variances in the strip tags depending on what point in the year the jerseys were made and such.

Speaking of the Rockies - and a VERY interesting point here - ALL Rockies Home White Russell jerseys (Regular or ALT) have unique buttons. Instead of the standard 'pearlescent white', the buttons are Cream colored with Colorado Rockies embossed around the edge.

Does anyone know if any other team did this with their jerseys? As far as I have ever been able to tell, this button thing is unique to the Rockies.

- Chris