Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Chicago White Sox game used shorts........

Hello,

I was just wondering has anyone ever seen a pair of game used shorts that the white sox use to use back in the early 80s for sale. I think that would be an interesting piece to anyone's collection.

Anthony

Re: Chicago White Sox game used shorts........

YES, I have the shorts. Quite a few tears ago i bought 3 Sox softball jerseys, a Ralph Garr all blue, a Rance Mullinicks double knit white with a blue collar, and a Bill Nahorodny mesh white with a blue collar on a whim. All are with flag tags. The guy wanted to get rid of them badly. I had Ralph Garr sign the back of his along with his career numbers. Then, a few years ago. I went to a friends house who's uncle is Jim Essian. We were going thru some boxes of A's equipment and he pulls out a pair of Sox blue shorts. I said I have 3 jerseys from that era and he gave them to me because I would appreciate them more than they would. I have never seen these for sale, or even seen another pair. I might sell them along with the jerseys, but , realizing their value now, I might overprice them as I really don't want to sell them now. But, never say never, as a price may entice me to let them go

Here is a scan of Gossage's shorts from a web-site of a collector who posts here from time to time........

http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/the76shorts.htm

I'd love to see a scan of the Esian shorts, especially the tags. Thanks ironmanfan for posting my website photo of the Gossage shorts. I would love to have the Essian shorts since he actually played in the game and went 1 for 4. Any thoughts on price?

Mike

jtnatalierica please contact me at mstr@wideopenwest.com in regards to the Essian shorts. Thanks.

Mike

The gossage shorts go with this, no?

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric,
    That's a really nice jersey from that era. The actual Gossage home jersey from the shorts game is out in the hobby somewhere and I hope to find it some day.

Mike