Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where will Bonds be next in 08

As I sit here and watch Barry Bonds get ready to become the new HomeRun King I wonder where Barry will play next season, I feel that is will be in the American league as a DH. I don't think he will be a Yankee, RedSox, A or an Angel. I have a feeling we may see Barry in a Devil Ray uniform next season. Just a thought
    John

Re: Where will Bonds be next in 08

Hopefully retired. I hate seeing poor Barry lash out any more. Life's gotta be rough when you expect the whole world to kiss your a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood View Post
    Hopefully retired. I hate seeing poor Barry lash out any more. Life's gotta be rough when you expect the whole world to kiss your a$$.

He won't retire. He'll want to pile up as many homers as he can, knowing that Arod is right behind him.

Please, oh please don't let Barry's traveling medicine wagon park outside of my beloved Yankees or Nationals doorstep. Take that snake oil elsewhere!

Not in SF. Mgmt didn't want him this year except for the fact of the HR record. He only needs about 95 hits to get 3000. I'm sure he would try for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands as a DH somewhere in Ca, maybe Seattle.

I'm also thinking somewhere in CA - maybe the California Penal League. He will be joining teammate Greg Anderson. Isn't that the same league Ricky Vaugn played in?

If he shrinks after retirement like McGwire, Bonds must know that people will use that as proof he was on steroids/HGH when playing. I wonder if Bonds will work hard to keep his bulk (including head) even after he's retired.

Banned

Prison.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    As I sit here and watch Barry Bonds get ready to become the new HomeRun King I wonder where Barry will play next season, I feel that is will be in the American league as a DH. I don't think he will be a Yankee, RedSox, A or an Angel. I have a feeling we may see Barry in a Devil Ray uniform next season. Just a thought
    John

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Marichal27 View Post
    Not in SF. Mgmt didn't want him this year except for the fact of the HR record. He only needs about 95 hits to get 3000. I'm sure he would try for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands as a DH somewhere in Ca, maybe Seattle.

Good point.

I would love to see Barry across the Bay as DH for the A's!

-David