Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Marcus Giles bat question

I picked one of his Braves game used black LS M9 G175 bats. I noticed that most of the ball marks are on the right side of the barrel, under the team name. Is he known to be a label down guy when hitting? I know there are a few that do that. Also, has nice thick coat of mojo sticky stuff on the handle. Does anyone else own any of his game used bats, just curious if this is normal for his bats. I did check out pictures his recent pink Mother's Day bat and from the auction pictures it looked like had ball marks on right of the barrel as well.

Re: Marcus Giles bat question

That is exactly how my Giles bat is too, ball marks on right side, heavy pine tar on handle. I was a little worried by the ballmarks when I got mine too, worried another player used it, and I checked a lot of photos, and while it wasnt completely consistent I saw lots of photos where balls would be hitting the right side of his bat.
    Anyway, glad to hear yours is like mine too as I think our bats combined prove this to be a consistent charactestic.

Re: Marcus Giles bat question

If I am not mistaken, judging by the MLB logo on the barrel, these are all causing right side marks, plus one photo shows a black bat with heavy right-side marks.
    Attached Images Attached Images