Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Another "find" of possible Game Used Memorabilia (3 items)

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Funny, everyone always assumes when something is being questioned that the seller is knowingly selling something they created or doctored themselves.
    trsent, are you including me in everyone? Everyone stands for everyone, or at least is should. I am wondering if you think that I am doing something wrong, or if you are talking about the people who specifically attacked me and my reputation? Please clarify your comments they are more clear in regards to this exact discussion. I appreciate your input either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Which auction house was it?
    If you don't mind I would rather wait until the auction mailing and distribution is finished in the next month or so. If you are a bidder, then I am sure you are on the mailing list. I await your opinion regarding the item descriptions of my four jerseys which I consigned. I am playing no role in the item descriptions or the authentication, other than supplying any VISUAL evidence I was able to find on the internet. From what I hear, the Bradshaw and Staubach are Top 10 lots in the Featured Section. I made no claims as to who my source was for the jerseys, so the 2-3 authenticators made all the calls. Props to Lou Lampson for finding visual evidence of a sleeve style which was being questioned on this forum. Also included in the same auction is the A's autographed Billy Martin jersey (if it passes PSA/DNA) and the supposed "game style" or "authentic replica" Unitas Colts jersey. I have not heard the complete results but it is maybe at least a $500 item. These were 4of the 5 items I first acquired. I now have the next 3 items which are pictured in this thread. They are from the same source as my last 5 jerseys. I should have better scans soon, and hopefully they will be authenticated yes or no in a few weeks.

This way, the authenticators and the auction house will be expected to back up their decisions if necessary.

Kobe just hit 81 freakin' points

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    Props to Lou Lampson
    Doesn't Lou Lampson work for American Memorabilia?

Of all the authenticators out there, Lou Lampson is one of them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    trsent, are you including me in everyone? Everyone stands for everyone, or at least is should. I am wondering if you think that I am doing something wrong, or if you are talking about the people who specifically attacked me and my reputation? Please clarify your comments they are more clear in regards to this exact discussion. I appreciate your input either way.
    I was speaking in general. I do not know if I was defending you or not, I was making a general comment. I do not know you personally, I just was making a broad statement that when something comes back with issues, too many people assume the seller created the work them self.

Do not get offended, I am not looking for trouble.

I would appreciate knowing which auction house mentioned I buy from them. You can post it here or email it to me at ecky3@aol.com
    Thanks
    Eric

So let me get this straight, a few moths ago a user comes on board and posts a number of pictures asking if jerseys are authentic. Forum members do research, post pictures, and give extensive feedback.

User is not happy with the comments, now described as "trashing" the jerseys, and goes to auction house to sell items. User tells auction house that some on this forum questioned the authenticity of the jerseys. User is allegedly told that the items will be certified by its authenticators as game issued/used. (I won't even dip a toe into the distinction between game "issued" and game "used"). Auction house also allegedly reveals confidential information about a bidder in an apparent confusing effort to undermine the board comments (WOW!!).

What am I missing here? After asking, I repeat ASKING, for opinions the user now has a problem with the answers. OK, fine, even the best authenticators can disagree. I hope that the authenticators at the auction house take the time to review the board comments before authenticating and do a thorough job in the authentication process. But, having complained about previous treatment, why come back with new jerseys and new questions?? I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.

Quote Originally Posted by soxbats
    I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.
    It is impossible for me to agree more. I am guilty of fanning the flames and fueling the fire. What can I say-I enjoy a good train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by soxbats
    So let me get this straight, a few moths ago a user comes on board and posts a number of pictures asking if jerseys are authentic. Forum members do research, post pictures, and give extensive feedback.

MY REPLY: Yes, there was feedback given but keep in mind that some said the jerseys were legit and others said no way. I would say it was around 50/50 to 60/40.*****

User is not happy with the comments, now described as "trashing" the jerseys, and goes to auction house to sell items.

MY REPLY: WRONG! "trashing" includes the attacks on the jerseys and myself as an individual. This includes someone going as far as calling me white trash for believing these jerseys may be game issued or game used. I got to the auction house to sell the items because it means I will receive FREE authentication opinions from PSA/DNA, Lampson and (you will see soon) instead of paying over $2500 for the 12 total opinions, do you understand that much?********

User tells auction house that some on this forum questioned the authenticity of the jerseys. User is allegedly told that the items will be certified by its authenticators as game issued/used.

MY REPLY: WOW, you are reaching now! I told the auction house before and after the authentication services were rendered that SOME self proclaimed experts were doubting the authenticity of my jerseys. The auction house representatives said that the authenticators must look at the jerseys and do research on them before I could be sure that people on this forum were not just trying to disprove them as game jerseys but also trying to buy/purchase/or trade for them after that (this did end up happening MULTIPLE times to me via this site). A month and a half later after sending the auction house the jerseys, I was told that the Bradshaw and Staubach had passed authentication from Lou Lampson & another major authentication service. In addition, I was told that one of the 2 major jerseys had even been style photo matched by Mr. Lou Lampson.************

(I won't even dip a toe into the distinction between game "issued" and game "used"). Auction house also allegedly reveals confidential information about a bidder in an apparent confusing effort to undermine the board comments (WOW!!).

MY REPLY: If this was the NBA, you would be fouled out already for the number of reaches you have made. Move your feet, don't reach. Keep in mind that it is not always easy to tell for sure if a game issued item was ever actually used or worn. I guess we will see how the authenticators described the items. As far as the "apparent effort to undermine board comments," not a fair statement. The comments were made to me only AFTER the authenticators had done the research on the jerseys, (they did not call the Unitas jersey game used) and the auction house wanted me to know that I did not need to worry about the doubters on this board. I guess they figure that the doubters may be wrong as two different authenticators passed the jerseys.**********

What am I missing here? After asking, I repeat ASKING, for opinions the user now has a problem with the answers.

MY REPLY: My only problem, which trsent obviously agrees with is that I was personally attacked for even posting pictures of the jerseys and thinking they may be the real deal. Some assumed right away that I was a scam artis and that I was maybe doctoring the jerseys. Go back and read the posts if your curiosity is raging.*********

OK, fine, even the best authenticators can disagree. I hope that the authenticators at the auction house take the time to review the board comments before authenticating and do a thorough job in the authentication process.

MY REPLY: Who are you????? Do you not realize that the auction house does not do the authenticating. They outsource that job and spend thousands of dollars to do so. They are on top of the authenticators making sure the correct conclusions are drawn. Their reputation can depend on that. Keep in mind that companies such as MEARS will buy back a jersey if they are wrong so they do the research. Why should they have to come on this board and read te board comments when they hear so many stories about users trying to scam other users by saying a good jersey is bad, and then tring to buy it for cheap.***********

But, having complained about previous treatment, why come back with new jerseys and new questions??

MY REPLY: Because I still appreciate the nice people on this board who actually lend a helping hand. the doubters who are rude and make personal attacks can climb a tree for all I am concerned.*******

I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.

MY REPLY: And I respectfully comment that you should worry about yourself instead of worrying about what I do and what the "experts" do. It is not your business who replies to what posts. You don't know me and you don't know my intentions. I respect this forum and most of the users. It is a great site and I will post whatever I want to and whatever pics I want to until Eric or another moderator says otherwise. I respectfully ask that you be and act like a grown man and mind YOUR business. Peace.****
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    It is impossible for me to agree more. I am guilty of fanning the flames and fueling the fire. What can I say-I enjoy a good train wreck.
    I would not expect even one more ounce of class than what you show here. Are you not the one who told another forum member that the Bradshaw did indeed look like it was at least a game issued 70's Steelers jersey. You were one of the rude doubters and I hope that the authenticators proved some of your rude posts wrong. If you have a problem with my pics and posts, don't reply. You must be at least a little curious as to if my stuff if the real deal or you would not be replying to my posts so often.