Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1974 Hank Aaron Game Used bat on eBay - HSI & Steiner

Check out this game used Hank Aaron bat on eBay. It has a Houston Sports Investments LOA (I think Chris Boyd is a member here) and also a Steiner COA for the autograph. What do you guys think this bat is worth? Will it get a bid?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Hank-Aaron-...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: 1974 Hank Aaron Game Used bat on eBay - HSI & Steiner

I knew I would be a CEO one day! Crazy how it only takes one listing to become a COA. I did sell this bat on eBay about a year ago. The buyer did get it signed through Steiner. Looks even better now. Cool bat with a neat story! I hated to part with it, but I had picked up an earlier H&B Aaron and didn't need both.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    I knew I would be a CEO one day! Crazy how it only takes one listing to become a COA. I did sell this bat on eBay about a year ago. The buyer did get it signed through Steiner. Looks even better now. Cool bat with a neat story! I hated to part with it, but I had picked up an earlier H&B Aaron and didn't need both.

Thanks,
    Chris, would you say that $5044 + shipping is a fair price?

Banned

That is tough! I sold the bat for $4,275.63 plus $25 shipping. The autograph was probably $200 to $300. I would say $5000 or so is good!

Thanks,

As someone who will never have enough money to own an Aaron bat, how do you not need both? That one is a beauty! I'd love to see your other one!

Jim

Aaron bats to me are the most undervalued bats in the hobby relative to the magnitude of his career and records. I used to say that about Killebrew bats, but over the last couple of years, his bats have increased in price quite a bit in the hobby.

Another undervalued bat is Robby - Frank Robinson - his career stats are amazing - MVP in both leagues, etc. I think both these guys will see an increase in value in their GU equipment in the next few years...........jim

Banned

I agree with Jim. The bat didn't sell-I would love to have it if I had the money. Zane had one from the 73-75 period and it never gets a bid at 2500.00. B&E has a great Adirondack 69-71 for under 5,000. Nobodys bought it. He was one of the all-time greats, but collectors just seem to overlook him. I've been looking at the 76 Aaron jersey on Rob's site for a long time. Nobody bought it at 5000.00 and now it's in the 3000.00s and nobody has bought it. Don't get it at all.
    Greg

Banned

Greg,

I've been looking at the 76 Aaron jersey on Rob's site for a long time

Do you have a link for the Aaron jersey?

Thank you.

Banned

I just looked and didn't see it anymore. It's Rob Steinmetz at www.authenticgamers.com
    Maybe email and see what happened to it.
    Greg