Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Canseco has info on A-Rod

Here's the latest from the world of Jose Canseco

unday, July 29, 2007
    A-Rod has no comment on Canseco's words about new book
    ESPN.com news services

When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.
    Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."
    When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."
    "Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.
    In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.
    Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.
    Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.
    Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...302&type=story
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Canseco has info on A-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Here's the latest from the world of Jose Canseco

unday, July 29, 2007
    A-Rod has no comment on Canseco's words about new book
    ESPN.com news services

When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.
    Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."
    When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."
    "Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.
    In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.
    Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.
    Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.
    Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...302&type=story
    It wouldn't suprise me if Arod was implicated in steroid use.His body growth is comparable with others that have been accused.Basically anyone could have been using performance enhancers at this point.A darn shame if you ask me....
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Banned

Also, just because someone is small doesn't mean they are not on steroids either. Most people think its just the big guys. It could be true, and it could be false. The is no 100% way to be sure unless one tests positive and or you witness it with your own eyes. Smaller built people can be on the drug too and not show it. So unless you witness an individual, or they test positive, its unfair to cast judgemnt. People love to point fingers and say this, that or the others. But who are you to judge?!?! Just food for thought in general.

Aaron

Long distance runners and cyclists use steroids and other drugs, and they're skinny dudes. So steroids are used for reasons other than bulk and strength. In fact, one of the benefits of steroids is you can train longer, have shorter recovery time, etc-- which will benefit both a weight lifter and a marathoner.

Canseco is a clown and a rat. I have no idea why he keeps opening up his mouth about others? I wish he would just go away with his money hungry aligations. How can anyone still want his game used stuff? He's a poor excuse of a man and a ballplayer. Well, a good ballplayer but he's a tired act. I have no idea how he can feel safe walking down the street. Go away you bitter money hungry loser. O.K. i feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    Canseco is a clown and a rat. I have no idea why he keeps opening up his mouth about others? I wish he would just go away with his money hungry aligations. How can anyone still want his game used stuff? He's a poor excuse of a man and a ballplayer. Well, a good ballplayer but he's a tired act. I have no idea how he can feel safe walking down the street. Go away you bitter money hungry loser. O.K. i feel better now.
    For the most part hardly anyone believed Canseco when his book came out in 2005 and low and behold the deeper people looked into his allegations the more they rang true. No one wants to believe that a player they are a fan of took steroids. But, in this era everyone is under a microscope. I remember not long ago the Bonds haters were calling for the haters to cheer for Arod so he could smash through the record to wipe away Bonds now if Arod is quilty of steroids what do we do?

Root for Griffey Jr !
    Quote Originally Posted by richpick View Post
    For the most part hardly anyone believed Canseco when his book came out in 2005 and low and behold the deeper people looked into his allegations the more they rang true. No one wants to believe that a player they are a fan of took steroids. But, in this era everyone is under a microscope. I remember not long ago the Bonds haters were calling for the haters to cheer for Arod so he could smash through the record to wipe away Bonds now if Arod is quilty of steroids what do we do?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

In the context of blabbing information, the term rat is only applied to someone who is telling the truth. Someone making up stories is a liar and maybe some other choice words, but not a rat.

I don''t know what to think about all this. I have been on the record saying that I don't really care that much about the steroid issue. I wish that all the players were clean but since they aren't I've pretty much accepted it.

As far as Canseco naming names, I don't really respect that. Although, his book only had the impact that it did because of the other players he named. "Juiced" brought the issue to a head and may be partially responsible for fixing the problem in the end. If he didn't name names people would have been able to continue to dismiss him and the whole steroid issue. Canseco took steroids? So what? Big surprise, blah blah blah. Now people have to accept reality that Canseco wasn't the only one and he wasn't just making up a bunch of baloney to sell books.

I don't really see a reason for him to write another book except to gloat about being proven right and to throw more people under the bus. I'll definetly buy a copy of his new one even still. Canseco may be a rat to some but one thing he isn't is a liar.

-Jason M

I don't think anyone can conclusively say Canseco isn't a liar. It appears that he didn't lie in his first book, but I think we have to look at his motives and the overall picture here.

Canseco's agenda is to sell books. Of course there were a lot of players to throw under the bus with the first book and he obviously gained a great deal of credibility by implicating the players he did. However, I have to ask myself, why didn't he implicate ARod in the first book?? ARod is as high profile a player as anyone, with the exception of Bonds. Why was this witheld then and is being introduced now?? Could it be to sell another round of books???

Now, I must confess to being an ARod homer. I love the guy, own a game worn jersey of his (a MeiGray certified and photomatched Rangers jersey) and I'm a huge Yankee fan. I don't think I'm alone in hoping he breaks the home run record at some point and is one day viewed as the greatest who ever played. I hope he is also viewed as someone that didn't need, or take, steroids. I guess we'll have to see how all this unfolds...