Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Open Letter To Lou Lampson

If anyone is going to the National, would you mind handing this letter to Lou?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Lampson,

My name is Eric Stangel. I'm a long time game used collector and the founder of gameusedforum.com, a place where we discuss the hobby.

Many times our discussions on the forum involve items that you have authenticated and many people have questions they'd like to ask you.

Since your COAs don't list any contact information, and the auction houses who employ you refuse to help people get in touch directly with you, I would personally like to invite you to come on the forum and answer some of these questions and participate in the discussions.

Registration is free at www.gameuseduniverse.com/store/

People spend money based on your expertise and opinion and would like to be able to discuss the techniques you use to come up with your findings.

I would have approached you to talk about this in person, but the National Convention coincides with a trip I am taking out of the country.

I have made attempts to speak with you in the past- I have called telephone numbers and written to you at an email address provided to me by prominent members of the hobby and have never gotten a response.

If you would like to get in touch with me, I am always available at ecky3@aol.com. If you would like to speak in person, email me at the address and I can give you my cell number.

Every other hobby authenticator has managed to make themselves available to answer questions and I would ask you to do the same.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you
    Eric Stangel
    founder gameusedforum.com
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Re: Open Letter To Lou Lampson

Eric:
    Great idea. Unfortunately without a subpoena attached to it I am not sure you will have much luck. A for effort though!
    Sarahsdad

Has anyone actually verified if this guy actually exists?

If he's going to be at the National, maybe they just meant a cardboard cutout of a human silhouette with "Lou Lampson" written in sharpie on it will be there.
    - Jason

I think "Lou Lampson" is CIA-speak for "not a real person"

You guys are making jokes about this, but I'm being serious. Will someone take this letter to Lampson?

Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric,
    I hear you buddy, I have been trying to get ahold of the caped crusader for awhile now regarding his "LOA's" and MANY answers to questions I have regarding his work!

Best of luck with this. However, it will probably not get you anywhere except maybe someone affiliated with Lampson will contact you. My guess would be a lacky from American Memorabilia saying that Lampson is a very busy man who even they only see once and awhile That was the petty responses I got twice about 6 months and a year ago. I even emailed his company "25% Authentic" to no avail.

By the way, if someone does happen to call from AMI, ask them if they are wearing a Willie Mays Gamer or Macho Man Ring Worn Jacket while they are talking to you!

-LD

Eric,
    Jim, Chris, Mike and Rob are going to the National.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Not being funny but does he really exist?It baffles me to no end how a guy can have his name stamped on so many game used jerseys that he authenticated but no one has ever met him or seen a picture even spoken to him.

Yes, he does exist. I talked to him for a while at the last National.

Ken

A year or two ago SCD ran articles with his picture. I can't remember if he wrote the articles or if they were about him (or both)...but his picture was always present.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas