Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fans in Boston...now is YOUR time!!

Celts just traded for Kevin Garnett,albeit for a lot but this makes them instant contenders.And the Sox are closing in on Jermaine Dye to shore up their BENCH(HA!).The best news is the Celts trade.I have waited a long time to see a contender in Bostons entry in the NBA so needless to say i am very excited.Granted we may have morgated the future but i'm sick of waiting and so is most of Boston.Any lineup that has Paul Pierce,Ray Allen,and Kevin Garnett(who also happens to be a lock 1st team all defensive)is gonna be fun to watch!
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Re: Fans in Boston...now is YOUR time!!

Oh my god...did i forget to mention the Patriots????OOPSSS..
    Brady
    Moss
    Stallworth
    Maroney
    Adalius Thomas(and the rest of the D)
    Welker
    Belichick
    and so on and so forth
    jon

looks like you are about to add Gagne to that list

Re: Gagne too!
    « Reply #2 on Today at 1:56pm » Red Sox Close To Acquiring Gagne

UPDATE: Third player going to Texas, according to Buster Olney. That would be 17 year-old five-tool outfielder Engel Beltre.

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are the winner of the Eric Gagne sweepstakes pending Gagne's consent and a review of medical records. Rosenthal says Gagne might share the closer role with Jonathan Papelbon; it would not be shocking to see Papelbon become the setup man for the rest of the year. That would be a hell of a 1-2 punch regardless and a huge asset for the playoffs.

Rosenthal says Kason Gabbard is one of the two players going to Texas in the deal. Jayson Stark thinks David Murphy is the other player, but it's far from confirmed. The Red Sox still need to talk to Gagne and Scott Boras.

As a San Francisco-based Boston sports fan, I am psyched. Maybe the Celts can return to their earlier form when I was a kid (70's-80's). I sure hope the sox do not revert to that form though! Hate to see Gabbard go, but Tavarez is too scary to depend on alone for set-up.

Question for Jon_8_US or others: What was your take on that Manny bat from ASI on eBay (item # 180142894814 sold yesterday). Looked damn unused and I asked ASI to tell me the length and describe any game use. They didn't respond at all, and I have noticed that most ASI "game used bats" look more like brand new bats with 2 ball marks. (Note the recent ASI Guerrero X-bat that sold for only $250).

Given all that, I passed and it sold for $500 plus. The auto was nice and PSA graded, but I thought the bat was questionable from my own (limited) experience. Maybe he took a few BP swipes, but it didn;t look like a real gamer. As you are the resident Manny bat expert, I am interested in your take. I also saw the Carolina Clubs Manny bat coming up...also lightly used, but looks more legit to me.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    As a San Francisco-based Boston sports fan, I am psyched. Maybe the Celts can return to their earlier form when I was a kid (70's-80's). I sure hope the sox do not revert to that form though! Hate to see Gabbard go, but Tavarez is too scary to depend on alone for set-up.

Question for Jon_8_US or others: What was your take on that Manny bat from ASI on eBay (item # 180142894814 sold yesterday). Looked damn unused and I asked ASI to tell me the length and describe any game use. They didn't respond at all, and I have noticed that most ASI "game used bats" look more like brand new bats with 2 ball marks. (Note the recent ASI Guerrero X-bat that sold for only $250).

Given all that, I passed and it sold for $500 plus. The auto was nice and PSA graded, but I thought the bat was questionable from my own (limited) experience. Maybe he took a few BP swipes, but it didn;t look like a real gamer. As you are the resident Manny bat expert, I am interested in your take. I also saw the Carolina Clubs Manny bat coming up...also lightly used, but looks more legit to me.

Matt
    The Carolina Clubs bat i actually bid on but i'm gonna decide to leave it alone as i just picked up a Sox one not to long ago.It's seems like a legit Indians Manny CC.As for the ASI bat....what a horrible pickup at that price.Bat was barely used if at all.And in my opinion that version of Manny's auto is his worst.I stay away from all Manny ASI stuff.And as for their customer service don't expect any when questioning use on Manny stuff.Hope that helps.
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    looks like you are about to add Gagne to that list

Re: Gagne too!
    « Reply #2 on Today at 1:56pm » Red Sox Close To Acquiring Gagne

UPDATE: Third player going to Texas, according to Buster Olney. That would be 17 year-old five-tool outfielder Engel Beltre.

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are the winner of the Eric Gagne sweepstakes pending Gagne's consent and a review of medical records. Rosenthal says Gagne might share the closer role with Jonathan Papelbon; it would not be shocking to see Papelbon become the setup man for the rest of the year. That would be a hell of a 1-2 punch regardless and a huge asset for the playoffs.

Rosenthal says Kason Gabbard is one of the two players going to Texas in the deal. Jayson Stark thinks David Murphy is the other player, but it's far from confirmed. The Red Sox still need to talk to Gagne and Scott Boras.
    Papelbon sharing the closer role.....give me a break Buster!
    jon

Wow
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As Rick Pitino said, "Look, if you think McHale, Parrish, and Bird are gonna walk through that door, you are mistaken." Guess what, dude, Pitino was right. Three old guys, two with bad knees, one coming off surgery, the other played only 47 games last year are a powerhouse contender? Yeah, sure. Who's the point guard? Where's the bench? Most importantly, where's the defense? The dead, smelly corpse of Red is turning in his moist, worm-filled grave.

The Celts will be as good as the Timberwolves were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post
    As Rick Pitino said, "Look, if you think McHale, Parrish, and Bird are gonna walk through that door, you are mistaken." Guess what, dude, Pitino was right. Three old guys, two with bad knees, one coming off surgery, the other played only 47 games last year are a powerhouse contender? Yeah, sure. Who's the point guard? Where's the bench? Most importantly, where's the defense? The dead, smelly corpse of Red is turning in his moist, worm-filled grave.
    Listen..as a celtics fan that that last saw a relevant team when i was 8 this is pretty exciting.They have a very promising point guard in Rajon Rondo and a mid level exception that is rumored to be used to try to sign Chris Webber or Brevin Knight.They are not done yet.They have roster spots to fill still.Tell you what they are better than the Cavaliers.And i believe that Garnett is a 1st team all defensive year in and year out for the most part so thats a start right??
    jon