Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Problem with a forum member

I was going to post this in the current "feedback" thread but I didnt want it to get lost there. I've been given the green light to let you all know about an unpleasant experience I had with a forum member and although I despise these kinds of threads myself, I felt that you should all know in case you ever decide to do business with him. The forum member is Royalsfans and he uses the email address chiefsfans1@sbcglobal.net

I was looking on ebay for a wooden bat rack to display my bats and I saw that an ebay seller made custom bat racks. I contacted the seller and during the discussion, he advised me that he was also a member here.
    I wanted a specifically made one for a certain area of my room but I felt that his cost was a little more than I wanted to spend so I simply ordered one of his pre-made 10 bat racks. I asked him if he could stain it a certain color as his normally came in a lighter wood and I wanted a darker cherrywood type color. I sent him a photo of the stain color that I wanted. He said the stain color was no problem and that the total would be $55 delivered. I paid him the $55 through Paypal on July 6th.

After about a week or so, I emailed him to ask the status of the bat rack. He replied with "what did you order?" and "What was your address?" I gave him the info again and he stated that it had been shipped. I asked for a confirmation number but he didnt reply to that. The next day he said that 2 other customers had not gotten their racks yet and that there must have been a delay at post office. The next day, he said that the other 2 racks reached their destination and mine "must have gotten lost". He agreed to make me another rack and send it. I again confirmed the stain color to make sure it was right.

After several requests for a tracking number, he provided me with a number that said merely that the post office was notified to pick up a shipment at his house, nothing about the status of the actual delivery. He said that sometimes items are delivered before they show as being shipped. Days went by and finally the rack arrived on July 27 (3 weeks later). The rack was shipped in a triangular box intended for documents and blueprints. It had one thin piece of bubble wrap around the center of the rack and nothing protecting the ends. Needless to say, both ends were cracked and broken due to the poor packaging. It was also stained a rustic brown and not the cherrywood color I paid extra for. I would have expected the rack to have been shipped in an appropriate box or at the very least have some kind of extra support to keep it from being damaged.

I contacted the seller and told him that it arrived broken and he suggested that I buy glue to fix it. The seller stated that he would refund me some money towards the repair materials. I purchased $17.25 in glue, a clamp and mounting hardware (since there was none with the bat rack). After 2 days of attempting to fix it, you can still clearly see the damage. The cracks are obvious. I also used some wood stain that I had to make the color correct .

I emailed Royalsfans twice asking for a refund since it wasn't packaged properly and arrived broken. I also wanted the $17 for repair materials back. Royalsfans ignored my emails. After a few days, I filed a dispute with Paypal and they sided with Royalsfans since the item was not purchased on ebay through an auction. The seller also told Paypal that I asked for a color that wouldnt work with that kind of wood. Wonder why he didnt tell me that? He also said that I didnt pay for insurance and that he shipped over 500 other racks that way and none were broken. He seems to be missing the point that mine is broken due to poor packaging. Now I am $72 into a broken bat rack. Oh by the way, the stain I used looks gorgeous, exactly the right color. Also, the first one he allegedly made, still hasn't shown up. I guess the old saying that you can polish a turd but its still a turd applies.

I'm not going to say dont buy a bat rack from him, but Caveat Emptor clearly applies here. If you do, you will be taking your chances. Royalsfans has shown me that he really doesnt care about making a customer happy which is a shame because I have alot more bats and wall space in need of racks.

Jim

Re: Problem with a forum member

The photos above are pictures taken in the condition as it arrived.

I've made a bat rack similiar to this before and they do break pretty easily. I ended up making a second one since my first one broke in 2 different spots. These really do need a lot of protection when sent through the mail.

Yeah I understand how things can get damaged during shipping. I have been a seller on ebay since 1998 and I always make sure that I package things in a way to survive nuclear fallout. Too bad this item wasnt packaged properly.

try a paypal charge back

what special size were you looking for? please email me at jonincleve@sbcglobal.net if you get a chance.

thank you
    john

Banned

Great....I just ordered six bat racks with him last week....fingers crossed!!!!

I was looking for something that wrapped around a particular wall in my house. He wanted $30-50 for shipping and I didnt think that it was worth the cost.

XPFO - hope you have better luck!

To Vintagedeputy Yes you did order a Cherri color rack and I emailed you back saying that the pine would not take the color right and asked you if I could use a darker color. You replied yes> As for the box it was a new FedEx box that was flipped inside out sense I had a extra and had no stains> Just trying to make things sound worse> I have sent out over 500 rack on ebay the same way and have used the same rapping and have only heard of one broke. And the cos termer fixed it with a 2.00 bottle of wood glue> You did not ask for a little money back> You asked for 17.50 plus the whole 55 if you like ill post the email for all to see. To the other members my feed back on ebay is 100% and have never had a problem until now> I would have paid for the 17.00 to fix the rack but when asked for all the money and the way he asked I just said no> If that stops me from trading on hear so be it but for those that I have bought from know that im far and always send your money or items out with in a day or two. Oh and the rack that was 30 to 50 for shipping was going to be a wrap around a corner and would have cost a lot to ship> I don't make money on shipping