Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1975 Red Sox Yaz Jersey on ebay

Another neat item on ebay. Is it legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARL-YASTRZEMSKI...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: 1975 Red Sox Yaz Jersey on ebay

To answer your question, I would suggest you look at a few auctions houses “past results” and make your decision based on what you find. I saw that American Memorabilia had a few mid-1970’s Red Sox jerseys, which may help you out in making your decision.

I have my own opinion on the jersey but it’s really not my place to say. Do the research and make your own decision.

Jim

Banned

Jim-
    you note that it's not your place to say?

This is a forum that encourages open and candid feedback about jerseys. A member is seeking an opinion, and you seem to have great knowledge about this era of Red Sox jerseys.

I'm sure we will all share in your insight to this particular scarce jersey.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Wasn't there a thread concerning issues with this seller a number of months ago??? I seem to recall some problems regarding a bat that was bought game ready and resold as game used... Anybody...

Banned

Howard,

I see your point. However, what's wrong with suggesting that members check out past auctions of major auction houses to view similar jerseys so they can then formulate their own opinions?

How many times have I read on this website stating, "LOA's mean nothing, do your homework". In this case, I can say that, if a member would go to American Memorabilia's website, there are many examples that can be viewed for comparison to the jersey on eBay. Each member can then make their own decision based on what they see and not on mine or anyone else's opinion.

In closing, I am keeping up with the spirit of this website. Instead of listing my opinion of the jersey, I am pointing members to a website that has, in the past, sold several examples of the jersey currently on eBay. Each member can make then make their own decision on the authenticity of the jersey.

Jim

Banned

I disagree with the American Memorabilia Reference thing. Sometimes maybe, but they sell things (as well as other auction houses) with their Lou Lampson coas that are not legit. SO, you compare it to a non-legit gamer on Amer. Memb. and then you buy a non-legit gamer on ebay. Be careful with that reasoning is all I'm saying.
    Greg

Wouldn't Lou Lampson have been the one who authenticated most if not all of the previous American Memorabilia jerseys?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Howard,

I see your point. However, what's wrong with suggesting that members check out past auctions of major auction houses to view similar jerseys so they can then formulate their own opinions?

How many times have I read on this website stating, "LOA's mean nothing, do your homework". In this case, I can say that, if a member would go to American Memorabilia's website, there are many examples that can be viewed for comparison to the jersey on eBay. Each member can then make their own decision based on what they see and not on mine or anyone else's opinion.

In closing, I am keeping up with the spirit of this website. Instead of listing my opinion of the jersey, I am pointing members to a website that has, in the past, sold several examples of the jersey currently on eBay. Each member can make then make their own decision on the authenticity of the jersey.

Jim
    I don't think that people are unwilling to make their own decisions, but I was lead to believe that this forum was for collectors to share information and knowledge. Why would you come out and say that you have an opinion on the item but are unwilling to share? If you have knowledge on the subject why not help people make informed decisions?
    kelly

Banned

Kelly-
    My words, exactly!

Why make a post indicating you have information, and then tell others to go search past auctions or web sites to learn what you already know?

We are not seeking Cohibasmokers thoughts about the individual's character offering the Yaz shirt. In this case, our focus is on the Yaz shirt itself, and from Cohibasmokers post, he has some sort of insight about the shirt. Let's try to share this information, and allow others to benefit from this specific thread and the overall purpose of the Game Used Universe.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

First I'd like to say I don't consider myself an expert on Red Sox jerseys, but I've owned a few in the past.

The most obvious problem with the Yaz jersey is the Mcauliffe tag in the colar. All the mid to late 70's Red Sox jerseys have the Mcauliffe tag in the collar with a blue frame around it. The tag on the Yaz jersey doesn't have the blue frame. It would sure help to see the tag up close, but I'll keep my opinion on why the blue frame is missing on the tag to myself. I've also heard about a few interesting transactions with the seller in the past.

Mike